Login twice

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
LadyHollman

Post by LadyHollman » Fri Aug 22, 2003 12:14 am

Will look into that also.

Thnx

stardotstar

Post by stardotstar » Fri Aug 22, 2003 3:33 am

All, I have been following this thread with interest - I am having the log in twice thing at my site (but not here). I am using 2.0.5 (several basic mods).

The link to the knowedge base Psycho lists is specifically for 2.0.4 - should I try the fix or is it part of the 2.0.5 distribution?

BTW I changed the cookie settings and got locked out of my admin account until I deleted the cookies in my browser - so, having users inexperienced with boards and browsers in general I changed the settings back to avoid confusion by locking people out till they cleared their browser settings.

Cookie domain:
Cookie name: phpbb2mysql
Cookie path: /
Cookie secure no

If I change ithe domain to my domain and rename the cookie will this help any or just cause more issues than loggin in twice does? Is the cookie path relative to the root phpbb2 directory - if so then this is correct otherwise how to determine the path name?

Any help appreciated...

LadyHollman

Post by LadyHollman » Sun Aug 24, 2003 6:24 pm

I tried the fix mentioned (for 2.0.4), but it did not like 2.0.6. Lots of unhappy code was placed before the header on my page.

I have no idea what will happen if you try it with 2.0.5.

Techie-Micheal
Security Consultant

Post by Techie-Micheal » Sun Aug 24, 2003 6:47 pm

Something that I have noticed is that everybody (so far, as far as I know) is using at least one MOD. And what happens if these MOD's are removed?
Proven Offensive Security Expertise. OSCP - GXPN

LadyHollman

Post by LadyHollman » Mon Aug 25, 2003 3:42 am

With 2.0.6, I actually had this issue before any Mods were installed.

It behaved in the same manner with 2.0.5 (never Modded).

Its my guess that when certain browser services (i.e. AOL,etc.) are used with the highest security settings to block annoying spammers, there's some sort of conflict with the board settings.

Jacobus

Post by Jacobus » Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:34 am

Psycho_mantis, that tiotally solved my problem, THANX!!!
note to others: I had to work around the code I had introduced for my mods, but it wasnt that hard!
I have no idea why I'm out of bed
http://www.j99.org

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”