email via board. got this error

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
artie

email via board. got this error

Post by artie »

Failed sending email :: PHP ::
DEBUG MODE
Line : 234
File : /home/xyz/public_html/forum/includes/emailer.php

what does this mean? how do I correct it? I just installed the boards and everything went perfect. so I thought.
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

It means that you don't have the ability to send email without SMTP. Try enabling SMTP in the Admin Panel->Configuration. The server name as localhost, no username or password.
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish
artie

Post by artie »

A_Jelly_Doughnut wrote: It means that you don't have the ability to send email without SMTP. Try enabling SMTP in the Admin Panel->Configuration. The server name as localhost, no username or password.

your right! thanks! :)
artie

Post by artie »

A_Jelly_Doughnut wrote: It means that you don't have the ability to send email without SMTP. Try enabling SMTP in the Admin Panel->Configuration. The server name as localhost, no username or password.

weird, Im doing this for a friends board, and it dont work. worked on mine but not his. ????

any ideas why? He has a yahoo.com addy.... we keep getting the same error on his. for emails and pm's. :(

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”