Making a backup for a development server

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
stardotstar

Making a backup for a development server

Post by stardotstar » Mon Aug 18, 2003 10:34 am

I am now getting enough mods to want to have a continually updated backup version of my forum on my notebook. The IIS/mysql notebook I used to set up the original version of the forum now has a full download of the current board (FTP'd entire tree into inetpub\wwwroot\forum\phpBB2\... which is the same path structutre as on the Lin/Apache Host - ie httpdocs/phpBB2/...

So my index.php loads but when I try to log in the browser wants to contact my host's domain and i end up back at my live site! If I disconnect I end up going 404. I looked in conf.php but the domain and stuff is not stored in there - how can I change the values to direct my local site to the local tree and then do a database restore - this way I can mod my local site before doing the live mod!

The Pelican
Location: Home is where the heart is (which happens to be in the Netherlands)

Post by The Pelican » Mon Aug 18, 2003 10:39 am

This article should give you some good information
The Pelican :)
Knowledge Base || No PM support and no MSN or E-mail support || Asking Questions The Smart Way (and use the template)

stardotstar

Post by stardotstar » Mon Aug 18, 2003 12:33 pm

Thank you Pelican, I have read this article and I think tried to do as it instructs - problem seems to be that, since the domain name has changed on the localhost but the live site has the config of the old domain name set the browser wants to leave the 127.0.0.1 subnet and go to the fully qualified domain name it is finding in the database I restored....

Does this make any sense or have I missed something?

Darlof
Former Team Member
Name: Darrell

Post by Darlof » Mon Aug 18, 2003 1:41 pm

Edit the database, the config table, and input the new url or ip

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”