[newb] phpbb v2.0.6 help!

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Ev!L ErN!E

[newb] phpbb v2.0.6 help!

Post by Ev!L ErN!E »

Ok I just installed phpbb 2.0.6 here--> Our Forum - Online Gaming

I am completely new to being the one who actually runs a forum, so I need all the help I can get.

One of my questions is:

Sence I have phpbb 2.0.6 can I only install 2.0.6 mods? or do some of the past mod releases work on 2.0.6? If so which ones are safe to use?

Another question I have is:

How can I edit the board links at the top of my forum so they dont look so out of place? I would like them to be closer to our forum header if possible, or right underneth it, so the links are side by side, kinda like a horizontal nav bar.

I'm a newb but I'm not stupid, I learn fairly fast, so all it usually takes is for someone to help explain things or give an example and I vcan pick it up from that.

Thx for any help, and I just want to say I love the phpbb boards, they are the best.

:)

www.clanevilinc.com || Join our community!
www.deadmod.com || A HL2 zombification
End of a Shadow
Name: J G

Re: [newb] phpbb v2.0.6 help!

Post by End of a Shadow »

Ev!L ErN!E wrote: Sence I have phpbb 2.0.6 can I only install 2.0.6 mods? or do some of the past mod releases work on 2.0.6? If so which ones are safe to use?

Yes all mods do work unless stated otherwise, but for the majority they all still work even if 2.0.7 and 2.0.8 comes out they still will continue to function.
Ev!L ErN!E wrote: How can I edit the board links at the top of my forum so they dont look so out of place? I would like them to be closer to our forum header if possible, or right underneth it, so the links are side by side, kinda like a horizontal nav bar.

Hmm I've seen your logo and its is as close as it can get, however, the only way I can suggest is to use (I forget what its called, but maybe someone can pick up for me) the html code that looks like this <MAP NAME="map1"> and redo your logo with the links drawn in it.
Tyler Durden

Post by Tyler Durden »

Ev!L ErN!E wrote: Sence I have phpbb 2.0.6 can I only install 2.0.6 mods? or do some of the past mod releases work on 2.0.6? If so which ones are safe to use?

Many of the 2.0.5 mods work with 2.0.6 ... some require a little modification. There's a thread in the mods support forum listing which mods work 100% with .06 .. look there :)
Ev!L ErN!E wrote: How can I edit the board links at the top of my forum so they dont look so out of place? I would like them to be closer to our forum header if possible, or right underneth it, so the links are side by side, kinda like a horizontal nav bar.

That's a basic style question and all of what you want is in the styles forum ... along with tutorials on "how to"
NiN Website ... NiN Forum Come On In!
*scientists have found the two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity!*
Drexion
Former Team Member

Post by Drexion »

Chances are most mods which are 2.0.4 compatible will be compatible with 0.5 and 0.6. You can verify this by asking in the relevant Mod support thread

The html for the logo/links is in \phpBB2\templates\subSilver\overall_header.tpl right below the line
<a name="top"></a>

Ev!L ErN!E wrote: I just want to say I love the phpbb boards, they are the best.

The thank you thread:
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=10385

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”