Changed cookie setting, and now admin center cannot be found

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
AquaFlare7

Changed cookie setting, and now admin center cannot be found

Post by AquaFlare7 » Wed Aug 20, 2003 4:48 am

what to do? I would like to change the admin settings back to default if it is possible for the cookie settings. Any help is appreciated!

Drexion
Former Team Member

Post by Drexion » Wed Aug 20, 2003 4:56 am

This data is in phpbb_config in the database.
Just set config_value to the original values

config_name -> config_value
cookie_name -> phpbb2mysql
cookie_path -> /
cookie_domain ->
cookie_secure -> 0
session_length -> 3600

stardotstar

Post by stardotstar » Wed Aug 20, 2003 6:53 am

I had this last week - thought I'd locked myself out permanently - but I deleted my cookies using the browser and this allowed the new one to be added when I logged in and then I was able to change settings back and everything was ok/
|
This prompted a question though - which I have posted elsewhere here... My users and I are having to log in twice for the log in to stick... I am using the default cookie settings and am now afraid to change them to my domain and root path incase everyone gets the impression they are locked out and cannot get back in. So I posted about problems with logging in to tell users to delete their cookies and try again - but people still have to log in twice! Hmmm.

Emberem

Post by Emberem » Wed Aug 20, 2003 6:56 am

Having the same login problem myself. One of my users logged in tried to post and had to login again. I even had the problem here at phpBB it took me back to the main page when I clicked on the forum. I had to click stay logged in for it to work.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”