"Invalid Session" when posting

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Kirelin

"Invalid Session" when posting

Post by Kirelin »

Whenever I try to post I get the phrase "Invalid Session". I've logged in and out at least six times to try and fix this, but nothing has occured. I have two accounts on a set of boards, and posting will not work on either. I got one post through when I tried simply as a guest, but afterwards I couldn't even post later. I have administrative access, though I am only a member of a site. I've adressed the problem to the owner and she cannot help me.

I use a Macintosh and have AOL. (If either of those makes any difference.)

I heard from someone else who had also had this problem, but they didn't have a solution either.

Also, the system will repeatly log me out for no reason. (It also does this here.)

A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

Eww, AOL. Please post more information (board version, template, are you the administrator) and read www.phpbb.com/kb/article.php?article_id=54
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish

Kirelin

Post by Kirelin »

I can't post here very often either.

The version is 2.0.4 and the template is subSilver.

I have all Admin powers, but am not the Administrator. The Administrator has given me approval to change the needed areas, though.

I read the page (THANK YOU so much for it), but can't find the "sessions.php" or anything to fix this.

PS2Dragon

Post by PS2Dragon »

RogueScribner

Post by RogueScribner »

This is possibly a related question.

I have a user who has been e-mailing me for over a week about not being able to access the site, either from home or work. He says it simply doesn't load. Yet, he doesn't get a "page not found" error. It's a "cannot find server" error. So far he's the only one that's reported any problem to me. I have asked him to clear his cookies and browser cache, but to no avail. I've tried giving him alternate URLs to try: nothing. I cleared all of my banned IPs (they were old anyway) but his IP doesn't seem to be listed.

Any thoughts?

One thing I did discover was when I attempted an IP trace/lookup, no information could found. It said the host didn't exist. Could that be related?

BTW, I am running the latest version of phpbb and he started experiencing these problems right after the upgrade. Again, he's the only user that has reported log-in problems to me.

Thanks.

cybrid23
Former Team Member

Post by cybrid23 »

Kirelin

Support Faq

#10 on the faq has a sort of fix for AOL. Note that it may or may not work and lessens the security of the forums.
---Never leave home without a towel and your peril sensitive sunglasses.
---Do Not PM Me For Support. It will go unanswered.
Thanks.

3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 10:23 pm

that's why searching worths using..
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx.
Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user
Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
:studio_microphone: Premium extensions @ The Studio

cybrid23
Former Team Member

Post by cybrid23 »

Hehehe....I never look at dates. Takes to much time :wink:
---Never leave home without a towel and your peril sensitive sunglasses.
---Do Not PM Me For Support. It will go unanswered.
Thanks.

RogueScribner

Post by RogueScribner »

So you think it's session related? Would that cause the site to not load at all? Period?

I guess I'll try that AOL fix and see if it changes anything.

Thanks.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”