Is moving a ReadyBB hosted forum possible?

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
rihard2000

Is moving a ReadyBB hosted forum possible?

Post by rihard2000 »

Hello all. First off let me say that I’m trying my best to not be such a newbie and hope I’m meeting the requirements and providing all the info you’ll need to help with my request.

Our forum version is very outdated and badly in need of an update. We’ve always had horrible support (re: no response) from our current forum host and all things considered, realize it’s time for us to move on to another host. Of course we’d like to be able to move intact with all of our current members and posts, but since I have little experience and don’t know what to look for I’m not sure if it can be done.

Our forum is hosted at ReadyBB and I know that they do not have ftp available. We cannot contact them at all. What does this mean for us? Are we completely screwed? Is there some other creative way we can move our forum intact?

If anyone knows anything about this host or has ideas for us, we really appreciate your help.

Your board's URL: http://www.readybb.com/homesteadconnection
Version of phpBB2: we are running phpBB 2.0.19
Was this a fresh install or a(n) update/upgrade/conversion (please be specific): This was a fresh install I assume (I had no involvement in the set-up).
Did you use an automated wizard provided by your host to install phpBB?: Unsure
MODs you have installed: None
When the problem started: N/A
Your level of expertise (be honest): Absolutely none for the most part besides tinkering, activating/deleting members and basic moderating.
ric323
Former Team Member
Name: Ric

Re: Is moving a ReadyBB hosted forum possible?

Post by ric323 »

Is there a "Backup" option in the Admin Control Panel on your current board?
(Look under "General Admin", "Backup Database".)
The Knowledge Base contains solutions to many common problems!
How to fix "Doesn't have a default value" and "Incorrect string value: xxx for column 'post_text' " errors.
How to do a clean re-install of the latest phpBB3 version.
Problems with permissions? Read phpBB3 Permissions

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”