Im locked out of my own forum =(

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
scrapdiggs

Im locked out of my own forum =(

Post by scrapdiggs » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:26 am

No clue why. My passwords dont work. None of my admin accounts can log in.

The forum when logged into by regular users shows a 1yr old version of the forum.

How can I create an admin account on the forum seeing as though I cant even log onto the forum?

I have my wifes account but she is not admin. I use cPanel and my host is Lunarpages.

ric323
Former Team Member
Name: Ric

Re: Im locked out of my own forum =(

Post by ric323 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:49 am

I've asked you just recently (in another topic) if you have FTP access to the web server your board is on.
If you do, then just upload the Admin Toolkit.
This will allow you to promote any user into an admin.

The toolkit is easy to install, just upload one file, and the first time you run it it will ask you to enter two passwords for future use.
The Knowledge Base contains solutions to many common problems!
How to fix "Doesn't have a default value" and "Incorrect string value: xxx for column 'post_text' " errors.
How to do a clean re-install of the latest phpBB3 version.
Problems with permissions? Read phpBB3 Permissions

scrapdiggs

Post by scrapdiggs » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:59 am

ric323 wrote:I've asked you just recently (in another topic) if you have FTP access to the web server your board is on.
If you do, then just upload the Admin Toolkit.
This will allow you to promote any user into an admin.

The toolkit is easy to install, just upload one file, and the first time you run it it will ask you to enter two passwords for future use.

Can get into cPanel. But cant get in via any FTP software at all. It just wont let me in.

Lunarpages is zero help on this at all. Plus they have been taking about 12hrs between responses and its a different person each time telling me "i can see your forum, whats the problem?"

rollindts

Post by rollindts » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:18 am

what error do you get when you try to connect via ftp?

i found the below in the lunarpages help section .. hopefully it can give you some ideas - if your looking for ftp software - i suggest Filezilla - very easy to use - widely popular - free and best of all, doesnt require alot of setup to use..
Where do I upload my files?
All files and folders should go to the public_html directory if you are on a Linux server. The public_html folder can be accessed either by FTP or via FileManager in cPanel.

On a Windows server, you upload them under the httpdocs folder.

To access your account via FTP, connect to yourdomain.com (replace with your actual domain name) or to server.lunarpages.com or server.lunarservers.com (replace server with the server your account is on and the server domain depends on the server you are on. This can be found in the Critical Account Information email)

Please see our tutorials on FTP at http://lunarpages.com/tutorials/

Be sure to create an index file for your first page. This can be index.htm, index.html, index.php, etc.

Please note, our Linux servers are case sensitive so index.htm and Index.htm are two separate files. Index.htm will not be recognized as the default first page. It must be index.htm (.html, .php, etc.) in lowercase.
What should my FTP settings be for an addon domain?
Once you have set up your addon domain and created an FTP user through your account's cPanel, enter the settings listed below to connect.

Host: ftp.yourdomain.com

Username: user@yourdomain.com

Password: password you created for the user

Directory: /

You can always use the main FTP account and publish to the addon domain's subfolder under public_html instead.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”