Auto login question

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
rollindts

Auto login question

Post by rollindts » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:00 am

This image illustrates my problem -

The autologin for the board forum.rollin84z.com is not enabled/working. I found the above in the configuration settings. The autologin description is missing.. I then found that they were not defined in lang_admin.php so I have added them (see below)... However, the descriptions are still not displaying.. Ive verified the below files exist and contain the proper lines.. I really thought the lines missing from lang_admin.php were the only issue but i am now worried that something more than just definitions are problematic.. (another thing that makes me suspicious is that neither radio button is selected for auto login) any help or suggestions would be great.

The board version is 2.0.18 and its been running stable without any problems for 5 or 6 months now.. When i got the board I cleaned up some of the mods the previous webmaster installed - updated to 2.0.18 and then installed the mods properly.

I created a duplicate of the forum and its database - selected the radio button next to yes and put 2 in for the days - however the check box has not appeared on the login screen - that makes me believe I am missing the autologin checkbox on the login page or that something else is still broken/missing...

My question - What other files should i be checking for missing lines?

Added below to /forum/language/lang_english/lang_admin.php

Code: Select all

$lang['Allow_autologin'] = 'Allow automatic logins';
$lang['Allow_autologin_explain'] = 'Determines whether users are allowed to select to be automatically logged in when visiting the forum';
$lang['Autologin_time'] = 'Automatic login key expiry';
$lang['Autologin_time_explain'] = 'How long a autologin key is valid for in days if the user does not visit the board. Set to zero to disable expiry.';
Verified below exists in /forum/templates/(theme)/admin/board_config_body.tpl
(Ive included the surrounding rows to show that the auto login IS what is missing from the configuration body in the admin console..)

<tr>
		<td class="row1">{L_VISUAL_CONFIRM}<br /><span class="gensmall">{L_VISUAL_CONFIRM_EXPLAIN}</span></td>
		<td class="row2"><input type="radio" name="enable_confirm" value="1" {CONFIRM_ENABLE} />{L_YES}&nbsp; &nbsp;<input type="radio" name="enable_confirm" value="0" {CONFIRM_DISABLE} />{L_NO}</td>
	</tr>
	<tr>
		<td class="row1">{L_ALLOW_AUTOLOGIN}<br /><span class="gensmall">{L_ALLOW_AUTOLOGIN_EXPLAIN}</span></td>
		<td class="row2"><input type="radio" name="allow_autologin" value="1" {ALLOW_AUTOLOGIN_YES} />{L_YES}&nbsp; &nbsp;<input type="radio" name="allow_autologin" value="0" {ALLOW_AUTOLOGIN_NO} />{L_NO}</td>
	</tr>
	<tr>
		<td class="row1">{L_AUTOLOGIN_TIME} <br /><span class="gensmall">{L_AUTOLOGIN_TIME_EXPLAIN}</span></td>
		<td class="row2"><input class="post" type="text" size="3" maxlength="4" name="max_autologin_time" value="{AUTOLOGIN_TIME}" /></td>
	</tr>
	<tr>
		<td class="row1">{L_BOARD_EMAIL_FORM}<br /><span class="gensmall">{L_BOARD_EMAIL_FORM_EXPLAIN}</span></td>
		<td class="row2"><input type="radio" name="board_email_form" value="1" {BOARD_EMAIL_FORM_ENABLE} /> {L_ENABLED}&nbsp;&nbsp;<input type="radio" name="board_email_form" value="0" {BOARD_EMAIL_FORM_DISABLE} /> {L_DISABLED}</td>
	</tr>
Verified /forum/templates/(theme)/index_body.tpl

<!-- BEGIN switch_allow_autologin -->
		&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;{L_AUTO_LOGIN} 
		<input class="text" type="checkbox" name="autologin" />
		<!-- END switch_allow_autologin -->
Verified /forum/templates/(theme)/login_body.tpl

<!-- BEGIN switch_allow_autologin -->
		  <tr align="center"> 
			<td colspan="2"><span class="gen">{L_AUTO_LOGIN}: <input type="checkbox" name="autologin" /></span></td>
		  </tr>
		  <!-- END switch_allow_autologin -->

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”