Database error after being hacked

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
dbahn

Database error after being hacked

Post by dbahn »

I ran a small phpBB2 forum (family only, with a small database and no mods), but when my sites got hacked about 6 weeks ago I shut it down while I made all the recommended security changes to the other sites and forum. The changes included moving to an entirely new server (same webhost), and I uploaded the databases to both forums to that server.

Now I'd like to re-establish the family forum using phpBB. I was using phpBB2 and was about to upgrade to 3 when the hack occurred (the hack seems to have just involved inserting code on index pages on multiple sites). I've uploaded the phpBB2 files to the new server and changed the config.php files to reflect the new server as well as a new username and password.

When I try to open the forum I get this message:
message_die() was called multiple times. This isn't supposed to happen. Was message_die() used in page_tail.php?
I'm waiting to hear back from the webhost, but my guess is that they'll bounce it back to phpBB tech.
Last edited by dbahn on Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave

Wooden Propellers Web Site
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: Database error after being hacked

Post by stevemaury »

In order to convert from version 2 to version 3, you must have both installed on the same server in diffeent folders. I assume you have uploaded frsh version 2 files (rather than your old files) and pointed them at your version 2 database. Assuming the version 2 files are the same version as the files your board was using, delete the install folder (which is probably the source of that error). Then make another database and install version 3 and then do the conversion.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”