Oops. Disabled board. Logged out. Help!

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
RogueWolfe

Oops. Disabled board. Logged out. Help!

Post by RogueWolfe »

Forgot to put in this.
-------------------------------------------------------
Your board's URL: http://www.wolfesden.org/forum
Version of phpBB2: not sure.. it was the latest 2.0 upgrade, I know that.. (whatever that was lol)
Was this a fresh install or a(n) update/upgrade/conversion? see below
Did you use an automated wizard provided by your host to install phpBB? no
MODs you have installed: yes, but this is n/a
When the problem started: n/a
Your level of expertise (be honest): Mostly familiar with the coding in it/extremely familiar with the forum itself. My upgrades of mods have given me alot of knowledge about the forum files themselves, so I'm aware of where most everything is.

-------------------------------------------------------

So! I disabled my board for a little while and then, not realizing it, I couldn't get back in once my login cookie expired. So now I'm disabled out of my board and NEED to get back in it. I was planning to upgrade to 3.0 but it seems there is a slight step backwards here.

What I want to know is: Is there a way to get into the database or the files and edit them to my advantage? Somehow manually enable the board again so that I can access the forum?

Thanks, this is kind of important.. I'm needing a reply quickly. I noticed the 2.0 forum won't be up much longer, so this needs to be resolved very soon. I want the forum back online so that I can upgrade.

Wolfe
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Oops. Disabled board. Logged out. Help!

Post by KevC »

You should be able to log back in and get to the admin panel. It's been a feature for quite a while.

However, you can look in the database config table and change the disable board field to 0 or use the starfox admin toolkit linked in my sig below to re-enable the board.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"
RogueWolfe

Post by RogueWolfe »

Thank you! All solved. :D

I had to go into the database, the board wasn't letting me login, that's why I was having problems. lol

Thanks bunches!!
NazTheEternal

Post by NazTheEternal »

I'm having the same issue, and I even tried changed the database as you stated in the top reply, but that didnt help.... :(

What to do?!
ric323
Former Team Member
Name: Ric

Post by ric323 »

The StarFox Admin Toolkit that Kevin already mentioned will let you re-enable your board.
The Knowledge Base contains solutions to many common problems!
How to fix "Doesn't have a default value" and "Incorrect string value: xxx for column 'post_text' " errors.
How to do a clean re-install of the latest phpBB3 version.
Problems with permissions? Read phpBB3 Permissions

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”