Login problem after upgrade into 2.0.6

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
veix

Login problem after upgrade into 2.0.6

Post by veix » Fri Sep 05, 2003 4:32 am

After i upgraded into 2.0.6 (from 2.0.4) i must login 2 times.First time it shows that im logged in but im not.Yes i tryed delete cookies and no help.
Settings :
Cookie domain :
Cookie name : phpbb_
Cookie path :/
Cookie secure :not enabled

Fearless

Post by Fearless » Fri Sep 05, 2003 5:00 am

Those settings look ok. I suppose the session length is 3600 seconds. What browser are you using ?

veix

Post by veix » Fri Sep 05, 2003 5:03 am

I have IE 6.0 and updated !

Fearless

Post by Fearless » Fri Sep 05, 2003 5:46 am

There shouldn't be a problem. When you attempt to log in the first time, does an sid string (&sid= followed by a series of numbers and letters) appear ? This could explain why you have to enter your login information twice.

veix

Post by veix » Fri Sep 05, 2003 5:50 am

Fearless wrote: does an sid string (&sid= followed by a series of numbers and letters) appear ? This could explain why you have to enter your login information twice.

Dunno what it is and nothing appears-just i see myselfe that im logged in but im not.If i delete cookies then i can login at first try and when i want see some new post,it is then loginscreen again... :(

Fearless

Post by Fearless » Fri Sep 05, 2003 5:51 am

The sid string will appear in the address bar at the top of your browser if the cookie isn't working for some reason.

veix

Post by veix » Fri Sep 05, 2003 5:56 am

Yes there is this SID

Fearless

Post by Fearless » Fri Sep 05, 2003 6:01 am

Ok, I suspected as much. I have encountered this problem a few times and sometimes managed to solve it but I haven't been able to determine the cause yet. Please fill in this form and post here so someone from the phpBB support team can help you out :

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=128123

veix

Post by veix » Fri Sep 05, 2003 6:09 am

Thanks,but some1 must help me a little on it because i cant english enoff lol !
And i must post it here like this post ?
MSN veix11@hot.ee

Fearless

Post by Fearless » Fri Sep 05, 2003 6:14 am

Yes, just fill in the post as best as you can and post it here as you would any other post. This is supposed to help the support team to quickly determine what the problem might be. Rest assured that this is a common problem and someone should be able to help you out.

Dragonforce1

Post by Dragonforce1 » Fri Sep 05, 2003 6:46 am

My guys were having the same problem, I dont know if you guys know this but you get 2 cookies for this try deleting them both, for my site I had just shadowsquad and I also had www.shadowsquad.'

I deleted them both then relogged in and it worked, for me at least.

veix

Post by veix » Fri Sep 05, 2003 6:49 am

Dragonforce1 wrote: My guys were having the same problem, I dont know if you guys know this but you get 2 cookies for this try deleting them both, for my site I had just shadowsquad and I also had www.shadowsquad.'

I deleted them both then relogged in and it worked, for me at least.

What you mean 2 cookies ??? If i delete cookies it means all cookies are deleted..?

Dragonforce1

Post by Dragonforce1 » Fri Sep 05, 2003 2:48 pm

If you goto where your cookies are stored,

Win98: C:\Windows\Cookies

or

XP: C:\Documents and settings\"Username"\Cookies

You can delete them individually.

The names of the cookies should be

"nameof site"
and "www.nameofsite"

SkinnerBox

Post by SkinnerBox » Fri Sep 05, 2003 5:00 pm

I am having the same problem, although mine is a new installation, not an upgrade. When any users try to log in they get a blank page. The URL usually had a sid number but sometimes it just has "login.php". Also sometimes it will give me a page not found and sometimes just a blank page. Before I was able to hit back and be logged in, but now I just can't log in at all. Before when I was able to log in by hitting back, I could not log out. I have the boards on a yahoo webhosting server (I know, I know, i wasn't my descision. :roll: ) so I'm thinking maybe they don't support all of the PHP functions? I tried deleting those cookie but it didn't change anything.

Dragonforce1

Post by Dragonforce1 » Sat Sep 06, 2003 6:59 am

ok I know of a site that is pretty cheap and also pretty good for stability, I dont want to spam so Ill put it in my sig....so check there.

Hopefully they dont consider that spam, Ill leave it for a short time then remove it.
www.webhostingbuzz.com
Knowledge is strength that leads to corruption; Wisdom is the Power that leads you out.
www.digitalextreme.us

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”