parse error in auth.php - line 282

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Nuttycat

parse error in auth.php - line 282

Post by Nuttycat » Wed Apr 17, 2002 2:26 pm

Parse error in auth.php line 282 seems to be preventing me from either completing an upgrade or new installation...

Can someone help please?

Here is the code from auth.php

277. $auth_user['auth_mod'] = ( $userdata
278. ['session_logged_in'] ) ? auth_check_user(AUTH_MOD, 'auth_mod',
279. $u_access, $is_admin) : 0;
280. }
281. else
282. {
283. for($k = 0; $k < count($f_access); $k++)
284. {
285. $f_forum_id = $f_access[$k]['forum_id'];
287. $auth_user[$f_forum_id]['auth_mod'] = 288. ( $userdata['session_logged_in'] ) ? auth_check_user
289. (AUTH_MOD, 'auth_mod', $u_access[$f_forum_id], $is_admin) : 0;

Thank you

Nuttycat

The_Systech
Former Team Member

Post by The_Systech » Wed Apr 17, 2002 4:05 pm

As per my post in the other topic on this subject.... If you are getting parse errorsd in one of the files, then either your php version is too old to support some of the commands, or you (or your uploading process) has modified something in the files. If there was actually a problem in the distribution files then everyone would be having this problem.
Jonathan L. Haase - Ex-Senior Developer phpBB

Nuttycat

Post by Nuttycat » Wed Apr 17, 2002 8:00 pm

I have php v4 on the web host server, I downloaded the config.php file as stated and uploaded it to continue with the installation and I still get the same error...

I have not personally altered any of the files and I have manually uploaded all files as ASCII other than the .gif files which I have uploaded as binary.

If it is a program that is changing it, is there anything that can be done to stop this. The FTP program I use is "CoffeeCup Free FTP".

Thank you

Nuttycat

The_Systech
Former Team Member

Post by The_Systech » Wed Apr 17, 2002 8:15 pm

I did just notice one rather odd thing with what you posted above that I hadn't noticed the first time...

What you posted for the lines with line numbers cannot be correct...

in the original auth.php what you have for lines 277 - 279 should all be on one line....

soooo if this is truely what your files look like, then there is an issue somewhere in your process...

Nuttycat

Post by Nuttycat » Thu Apr 18, 2002 6:36 am

Sorry about that... i rechecked and it was an error in my numbering the lines in my post... it does actuall read as you said it should.

277. $auth_user['auth_mod'] = ( $userdata ['session_logged_in'] ) ? auth_check_user(AUTH_MOD, 'auth_mod', $u_access, $is_admin) : 0;
278. }
279. else
280. {
281. for($k = 0; $k < count($f_access); $k++)
282. {
283. $f_forum_id = $f_access[$k]['forum_id'];
285. $auth_user[$f_forum_id]['auth_mod'] = 288. ( $userdata['session_logged_in'] ) ? auth_check_user (AUTH_MOD, 'auth_mod', $u_access[$f_forum_id], $is_admin) : 0;

still getting the same errors though and I havent changed anything myself... :(

Is anyone willing to email a known working copy of auth.php from v2.0.0Gold that I can upload - to check if it is the uploading process that is going wrong???

Thanks

Nuttycat

The_Systech
Former Team Member

Post by The_Systech » Thu Apr 18, 2002 2:25 pm

hmm php version 4.??

The_Systech
Former Team Member

Post by The_Systech » Thu Apr 18, 2002 2:48 pm

Ok.. nevermind about the php version... Having just helped a person on IRC who was having the exact same problem as you I can now say that it's not the php version.

Apparently it is coffee cup ftp. This person was using it as well, and as soon as I had her try a different method of ftp'ing the auth.php file to the server ( I walked him/her through using command line ftp.) and it fixed the problem.

So just for an additional bit of information though I'd like for you to do one more thing for me before fixing your problem. If you could try a different ftp program to copy the auth.php back from your server to a different directory on your hard drive and email me that copy of the file to the_systech at yahoo.com (replace the at with @ obviously ). Then upload a fresh copy of auth.php to your server and it should fix your problem.

The reason I'd like you to ftp me a copy of the file is so that I can see exactly what coffee cup ftp is doing to it..

I recommend cuteFtp or WS FTP LE either of them is free at least on a trial basis and seem to work fine with phpBB

Nuttycat

Post by Nuttycat » Fri Apr 19, 2002 6:14 am

I have emailed the offending auth.php file to you...

Thank you so much for this...

After ditching coffeecup ftp and using another prog to upload the files everything went perfectly - no hassles at all :)

after days of pulling my hair out I am calm :) thank you so much

Best wishes

Nuttycat

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”