General Error

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
ken0069

General Error

Post by ken0069 »

Motorsportsvillage.com/forum

PHPBB 2.0.22

This board has been up since way before the release of 2.0.22 with NO updates since then.

SQL database installed long time ago and I did it but don’t remember exactly how.

I have “Texual Confirmation”, “Easy Mod” and “BBCODE time out scan.”

This problem showed up this morning.

Not very efficient in PHP or anything involving command line.

Here is the error copied and pasted from the site. The main page comes up OK but if you try to open a thread this is the error you get.

Could not obtain post/user information.

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1016 Can't open file: 'phpbb_posts_text.MYD'. (errno: 144)

SELECT u.username, u.user_id, u.user_posts, u.user_from, u.user_website, u.user_email, u.user_icq, u.user_aim, u.user_yim, u.user_regdate, u.user_msnm, u.user_viewemail, u.user_rank, u.user_sig, u.user_sig_bbcode_uid, u.user_avatar, u.user_avatar_type, u.user_allowavatar, u.user_allowsmile, p.*, pt.post_text, pt.post_subject, pt.bbcode_uid FROM phpbb_posts p, phpbb_users u, phpbb_posts_text pt WHERE p.topic_id = 4746 AND pt.post_id = p.post_id AND u.user_id = p.poster_id ORDER BY p.post_time ASC LIMIT 0, 15

Line : 799
File : viewtopic.php
Site Admins ain't nobodys hero!

www.motorsportsvillage.com
camm15h
Former Team Member
Name: Paul Cammish

Re: General Error

Post by camm15h »

As per the notice in your overall_footer.tpl:

You have removed the phpBB copyright, therefore we cannot offer you support - as outlined within the rules & regulations. Should you wish to re-add the copyright message, please contact a team member for the topic to be re-opened.

Regards,
camm15h
ChrisRLG
Former Team Member

Post by ChrisRLG »

Not sure if you have edited the style to add back the 'copyright' info or not.

But although the main website page does not display the copyright the 'racing forum' does, and it is that which I assume you have the problem with.

Have you tried in phpmyadmin to 'repair' the table in question. ('phpbb_posts_text.MYD')
phpBB: The All Important Rules - Bertie Bear 3.0 - No support via PM system - use the forums please.
phpBB v2: Retirement (1/1/2009) : phpBB v3: Read Me Topic - Custom BBCodes - Support Template
Matthew 7:7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and a door will be opened to you."
My Links: MS MVP (Consumer Security) - Malware Removal:University - Own Forum: Custom BBCode testing
camm15h
Former Team Member
Name: Paul Cammish

Post by camm15h »

Copyright was lately restored after exchanging PMs with myself, Chris.

BTW - I linked to the forums (not the websites) overall_footer if you'd noticed.
ken0069

Post by ken0069 »

ChrisRLG wrote:Not sure if you have edited the style to add back the 'copyright' info or not.

But although the main website page does not display the copyright the 'racing forum' does, and it is that which I assume you have the problem with.

Have you tried in phpmyadmin to 'repair' the table in question. ('phpbb_posts_text.MYD')
Thanks for your reply!

My coadmin has the database backed up with SQL Dumper but he can't get to it until tonight and I don't have access to it that data. With the help of my wife I did find out how to put your copyright back on that page. We've been running this software for almost 3 years with very few problems other than the spam bots. I just don't have to fool with it enough to get good at it so thats the reason I'm here, again.

I'm not sure what needs repairing or how to repair it?

Is this problem in the SQL database or the forum software?

Is this a hack problem or just something that got horked up accidently?

espicom

Post by espicom »

Database problem. The knowledge base has an article on this, and a script that can do it when your hosting doesn't include utilities like phpmyadmin. Link is the first one in my signature.

Generally speaking, it's a problem with "a glitch". Something prevented the SQL server from saving some data, and that caused the index to be wrong. It could be a simple power failure (even momentary ones can cause problems), or it could be a hardware problem on the server. Occasional repairs are not unexpected; more than a few times per year, they're cause for concern.
Jeff
Fixing 1016/1030/1034 Errors | (obsolete link) | MySQL 4.1/5.x Client Error | phpBBv2 Logo in ACP
Support requests via PM are ignored!
"To be fully alive is to feel that everything is possible." - Eric Hoffer
ken0069

Post by ken0069 »

OK guys, it seems to be working now. Thanks a bunch. I'll know better next time!

And BTW, the fixtables.php?PX42m3=1' that is mentioned in that writeup is wrong. I couldn't get it to go until I opened that file and saw that the part after the ? was wrong. Fixed that and it ran and corrected the problem then I just deleted it from the server.

And I guess I need to get with my webmaster and rework my site with the newer version since there won't be any support on this one in a week or so. I just hate to change s**t that has been working well for me up to this point. The site is "not for profit" and is supported by the members. I guess I'll have to go looking for some donations for the rework, hey!

Thanks again and Merry Christmas to yas!

Ken

ric323
Former Team Member
Name: Ric

Post by ric323 »

ken0069 wrote:And BTW, the fixtables.php?PX42m3=1' that is mentioned in that writeup is wrong. I couldn't get it to go until I opened that file and saw that the part after the ? was wrong. Fixed that and it ran and corrected the problem then I just deleted it from the server.
Wrong in what way? At first glance the article looks fine to me.
And I guess I need to get with my webmaster and rework my site with the newer version since there won't be any support on this one in a week or so. I just hate to change s**t that has been working well for me up to this point. The site is "not for profit" and is supported by the members. I guess I'll have to go looking for some donations for the rework, hey!
Note, you don't HAVE to update by Jan-1, but you won't be able to get any more support here for a board running phpBB2 from that date, so you should start making plans to update.
The Knowledge Base contains solutions to many common problems!
How to fix "Doesn't have a default value" and "Incorrect string value: xxx for column 'post_text' " errors.
How to do a clean re-install of the latest phpBB3 version.
Problems with permissions? Read phpBB3 Permissions
ken0069

Post by ken0069 »

http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article/fixing- ... rom-mysql/

Save this file as "fixtables.php" in your phpbb root directory. This is the same directory where you will find "config.php". You can execute it by pointing your browser at your normal PHPBB URL and adding "/fixtables.php?" and your chosen "secret code" to the end of it. For example, if you normally visit your forum by typing "http://my.sitename.com/phpbb/", you start this process by going to the URL "http://my.sitename.com/phpbb/fixtables.php?PX42m3=1".

The end of that URL should have (?XX42m3=1) instead of PX. I opened that file and found this out kinda by accident.

ric323
Former Team Member
Name: Ric

Post by ric323 »

The copy of the code posted in the article uses "PX", but tells you to change it to something unique to your board.
He also links to an online copy of the file. THAT version of the file has "XX", and also states "XX" in the comment inside the file. Again it says you should change it to something unique to your board.

(I'm guessing he used a different code in that copy just in case people neglected to customise the string as instructed.)
The Knowledge Base contains solutions to many common problems!
How to fix "Doesn't have a default value" and "Incorrect string value: xxx for column 'post_text' " errors.
How to do a clean re-install of the latest phpBB3 version.
Problems with permissions? Read phpBB3 Permissions
espicom

Post by espicom »

OK, I made the copy to download match the article. I hadn't noticed that... :oops:
Jeff
Fixing 1016/1030/1034 Errors | (obsolete link) | MySQL 4.1/5.x Client Error | phpBBv2 Logo in ACP
Support requests via PM are ignored!
"To be fully alive is to feel that everything is possible." - Eric Hoffer

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”