Problems With A Skin

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
rosepose

Problems With A Skin

Post by rosepose »

I'm new to PHPBB, and I seem to be having problems.

On this thread: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... e+theme%22

There is a discussion about someone being locked out of the admin panel. I'm having the same problem.

I have PHPBB2, and I installed CashMod, ShopMod, UserShopMod, and SynthMod before (stupidly) changing my user (not the whole board, thank goodness) skin to alexisOrange. This for some reason made all the pages on that account blank, rendering my admin account useless.

So, could you help me?

I was thinking perhaps that I could edit the style to work, as said in the topic link I posted, but that didn't work. The skin alexisOrange is actually for PHPBB2, but now I can't log onto my admin account to change my skin back.

Also, is it possible to create a new admin account without being logged in to PHPBB? I was hoping there might be a way to do so from my server CPanel.
ric323
Former Team Member
Name: Ric

Re: Problems With A Skin

Post by ric323 »

Two choices:

Use this script to force all users back to the default subSilver theme: Knowledge Base - Set subSilver as the default template
or
Use the Admin Toolkit (link in my sig) to promote another username to admin, then you can do the repairs using this second account. A second admin account is always useful for this sort of problem. :)
The Knowledge Base contains solutions to many common problems!
How to fix "Doesn't have a default value" and "Incorrect string value: xxx for column 'post_text' " errors.
How to do a clean re-install of the latest phpBB3 version.
Problems with permissions? Read phpBB3 Permissions

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”