Help Installing the RAC Mod

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
ArmyofMike

Help Installing the RAC Mod

Post by ArmyofMike »

Your board's URL: http://www.taskforce20.com/forums/index.php
Version of phpBB2: phpBB 2.0.22.

Your level of expertise (be honest): Uber Green/newbie

Hello phpBB forums:

I would like to install the RAC Mod on our forums, but I do not know how to find the code for our page, save the database, or change the code to install the RAC Mod. Is there a simple step by step guide for newbies? Can someone help me install it?

It sounds like this Mod will curtail a LOT of the bots registering on our forums. We should have @ 250 registered users, but have nearly 4800 with the bots!!! I do not wish to update the forums to phpBB3 as that is way above my means and abilities; however installing the RAC Mod should help for now.

Can anyone help me please.

Thank you,

Mike
ric323
Former Team Member
Name: Ric

Re: Help Installing the RAC Mod

Post by ric323 »

The general support pages are NOT for MOD support, so I will close this topic and direct you to please continue in the release topic for that MOD, which is at: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 6&t=552845

In short, you do not need to touch the database in any way to install that MOD, just download, edit and upload a couple of the board files.
For more general informaiton have a read of:
Knowledge Base - How to Install MODs
and
Knowledge Base - Installing MODs the Right Way

Also particularly note, all MOD install istructions tell you how to edit the default subSilver style. You are running another style called "TF20", so wherever it tells you to edit a file in the subSilver folder, you must do the same edit to the equivalent file in your TF20 folder. There is only one template file that has to be edited in the RAC MOD.
The Knowledge Base contains solutions to many common problems!
How to fix "Doesn't have a default value" and "Incorrect string value: xxx for column 'post_text' " errors.
How to do a clean re-install of the latest phpBB3 version.
Problems with permissions? Read phpBB3 Permissions

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”