Advise Please..

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Bl0ckH3ad

Advise Please..

Post by Bl0ckH3ad »

sorry for the section Should be in phpbb3 general maybe?

I am trying to figure out where to go from here, I have had a bit of a battle converting smf to phpbb and combining 2 phpbb db's but I have gotten that done. I was planning on using nuke-evolution and integrating the forums into it but..
I was reading a post on their forum saying they are not going to be further developing it and phpbb 2x won't be developed past feb 09.

This leaves me wondering if I should even bother with nuke-evo.

So the question would be should I just upgrade to phpbb3x or continue with the evo thing?

I have had some issues with import into evo due to duplicate user records in my MYSql backup I think at least and that has led to fore mentioned post which sorta let the wind out of my sails a bit.

anyway any opinions and advise is welcome

-Bl0ckH3ad
ChrisRLG
Former Team Member

Re: Advise Please..

Post by ChrisRLG »

The formal answer (when posted here at phpBB.com) is that after tomorrow (31st December 2008) we will only be supporting phpBB3 versions.

So with that, I can only advise that if you wish to use phpBB forum software that you convert to the latest version of that product. (available from our downloads page).
phpBB: The All Important Rules - Bertie Bear 3.0 - No support via PM system - use the forums please.
phpBB v2: Retirement (1/1/2009) : phpBB v3: Read Me Topic - Custom BBCodes - Support Template
Matthew 7:7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and a door will be opened to you."
My Links: MS MVP (Consumer Security) - Malware Removal:University - Own Forum: Custom BBCode testing

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”