Pretty URLs in v2

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
aroxo

Pretty URLs in v2

Post by aroxo »

Hey All,

I'm guessing (unfortunately) that the answer to this question is going to be "Upgrade to v3", but I'll plough on and ask it anyway.... Here goes...

Is there a mod or other trick which I can use to employ pretty (i.e. SEO-friendly) URLs in phpBB v2?

We've done a lot of development work using v2 and don't really want to attempt an upgrade, although we may yet find we have to.

BY the way - if the answer is, upgrade, then my follow up question will be "has the user table been changed at all?".

Thanks guys!

Matt.
Dogs and things

Re: Pretty URLs in v2

Post by Dogs and things »

Have a look at phpbb-seo, there you can find what you're looking for and also some other interesting things.
For phpBB2 support visit phpBB2refugees.
ric323
Former Team Member
Name: Ric

Re: Pretty URLs in v2

Post by ric323 »

aroxo wrote:Is there a mod or other trick which I can use to employ pretty (i.e. SEO-friendly) URLs in phpBB v2?
Are you aware the Google etc. do not need anything like that anymore? They understand the normal URLs generated by phpBB just fine.
BY the way - if the answer is, upgrade, then my follow up question will be "has the user table been changed at all?".
Yes.
Download the phpBB3 install, and have a look inside ./install/schemas/mysql_40_schema.sql to see how it looks in phpBB3.
The Knowledge Base contains solutions to many common problems!
How to fix "Doesn't have a default value" and "Incorrect string value: xxx for column 'post_text' " errors.
How to do a clean re-install of the latest phpBB3 version.
Problems with permissions? Read phpBB3 Permissions

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”