[*Marker*] Lycos.co.uk posting errors & fix =)

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Alex Walters

Post by Alex Walters »

Hakan wrote: *********************************
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

Where do we activate the db at Lycos ? I searched every page but couldn't find where the activation is?

thanks ...

Try the page called "PHP4U/MYSQL". Sorry to be callus, but lycos has done everything but make it blinking text on a white page.

_Vlad_

Post by _Vlad_ »

Thank you for the thing about putting @ in front. It fixed the header errors. Now, how do I fix the redirection to lycos home when someone logs in or out?

tonydav
Name: Anthony Davenport

Post by tonydav »

I have the same problem.
Can anyone help?

kevsgsm78

Post by kevsgsm78 »

_Vlad_ wrote: Thank you for the thing about putting @ in front. It fixed the header errors. Now, how do I fix the redirection to lycos home when someone logs in or out?

by clicking here>> http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article.php?article_id=83
Many Thanks
Kev

tonydav
Name: Anthony Davenport

Post by tonydav »

Brilliant!

Many thanks Kev ( & especially to soxie for the fix )- I'd just spotted it & applied soxie's code before I read your rapid response.
What a great community!

Farfareillo

Post by Farfareillo »

Hrm. When I try to installl, I get "Can't connect to database" and when I go try to check out the database, in the PHP4u link, I get "Access Denied"

^^;; Help?

IronMaidenrts

Post by IronMaidenrts »

I was wondering if members.lycos.co.uk supports uploading files with the Attachment MOD method.

Minoesj

Post by Minoesj »

Hi,

i just started a board at lycos but i have a problem.

When i go to the administrator meny it is messed up. 80% is used for the first collom and 20% for the second. It should be the other way.

What can i do ?
Animal Rights Concerns offering Animal Rights and Vegan Resources.
Go Vegan and start a more compassionate lifestyle today!

commandojnr

Post by commandojnr »

drathbun wrote: A final followup... after posting the code sample seen in the previous post, I went back to work on my board. And started getting the errors again! :x

I finally figured out what the problem was, and I bet this has something to do with the Lycos errors as well. If there are any blank links before the <?php line, you will get the header errors. I guess that what's happening is the blank line is considered "sent" before the header information. If I had a blank line at the top of any page of php code, it generates errors. As long as the php code starts on the very first line, it appears to work.

Adding the @ in front of the header lines does not, apparently, really fix the problem. It just stops the headers from being sent. I would look at the code after it's uploaded to some of the hosts that have problems, and see if they are adding content at the top of your page. If so, that may be the problem.

I would be interested to see if anyone else can confirm / deny my findings...

Dave

This gave me the clue about how to fix my problem, which was gave similar error messages. The problem was i'd edited my lang_main.php using a web interface, and it'd put a few extra lines after the end of the file. Once I trimmed off all the whitespace things started working again.

jenxi

Post by jenxi »

i got this reply can you help??
message_die() was called multiple times. This isn't supposed to happen. Was message_die() used in page_tail.php?

pentapenguin
Former Team Member

Post by pentapenguin »

jenxi wrote: i got this reply can you help??
message_die() was called multiple times. This isn't supposed to happen. Was message_die() used in page_tail.php?

Make sure you don't have any blank spaces/lines before or after the <?php and ?> things in page_tail.php
Support Resources: Support Request Template
If you need professional assistance with your board, please contact me for my reasonable rates.

jenxi

Post by jenxi »

are you saying there should be no lines? for <?php/ i have **********behind it... like this...
<?php
/***************************************************************************
* page_tail.php
* -------------------
* begin : Saturday, Feb 13, 2001
* copyright : (C) 2001 The phpBB Group
* email : support@phpbb.com
* $Id: page_tail.php,v 1.27.2.2 2002/11/26 11:42:12 psotfx Exp $
***************************************************************************/

for ?> i have
exit;

?>

AmericanGal

Post by AmericanGal »

WOW you guys are wonderful! I've been searching all over the place to find out how I could fix errors that were showing up in my Topic Review. I found this thread a few minutes ago, tried what was suggested, and it works beautifully :D Thank you!
100% Bible believing American Chick
And proud of it!

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”