Suggestions: Image looks bad on different backgrounds?

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Enigmatix

Suggestions: Image looks bad on different backgrounds?

Post by Enigmatix »

I have a small dilemma with some of my self-made images. I have replaced the "folder" image with one of my own and have seen it on several of the forum pages. On some of the pages it works fine, because it blends perfectly with the red-striped background I have incorporated with my site. On the otherhand, it works terribly with other pages where my background is black. Thus, I have a two-fold or two-part question.

1) I have already tried inserting a different img src tag into my coding without luck. It just won't show the image (meaning I tried altering the {listrow.PRIVMSG_FOLDER_IMG} code that was already there and replacing it with my own premade image src code). Basically, I saved the same image with two different backgrounds to match both background variations.

Thus my question is, if I wanted to insert two different versions of the same image on separate pages, is there a way to do this?

2) Since transparency with GIF images is pretty horrendous, is there a way to change the image to a PNG image, which still allows the image to be shown in the forum? I ask this, because I keep getting that 'X'.

Hopefully you understand my questions. It is hard to explain them without showing you. Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Enigmatix

yonderboy

Post by yonderboy »

so can u show a link of your forum and images ?
Retired...

Enigmatix

Clarification

Post by Enigmatix »

My problem with some of the images is that the same image shows up on two different backgrounds. My red-striped background and my black background. When I make images in Photoshop, I always add a background behind the image, because they don't look good with gif transparency (note in this case my image is a circle so it does not cover the whole screen of the image). I do this because gif transparency always causes the edges of my images to become jagged and ugly.

Therefore my question is, is there any way to change the img src tags that lie within the coding for the .tpl files (this way I could call a different image to be shown), or how do I tell the script to use a png file instead of gif image?

Enigmatix

tazman998

Post by tazman998 »

you want to change the logo or something ?
What we do in life... Echoes in eternity !!!

goforbunny

Post by goforbunny »

the logo sixe might me the problem

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”