Failed sending email ::PHP:: - Line 234 - Update?

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Burak S.

Re:

Post by Burak S. »

debugme wrote::idea:
If you comment out line 234 in this file, it will work. If you know that your previosly sendmail was working that is.

regards,
claÜs
thx dude it works for me! :)
wombatandchips

Re: Failed sending email ::PHP:: - Line 234 - Update?

Post by wombatandchips »

I have this problem for posting, PMs, mass e-mails, everything...

-This didn't happen previously, and no settings have changed. The e-mail settings are correct.

-I host myself.

-The posts/e-mails usually work despite the error message.

-If a user posts and gets this message his own post will cause the topic to show up as new post that he hasn't read yet.

-This isn't always a problem, it comes and goes.

I don't think I want to just eliminate the error message because I don't know that that fixes the problem so much as masks the symptom. I would just ignore it, but many of the users don't realize their posts are working and post multiple times.

This has been happening off and on for a while. I work at it a little, then give up. Then try to look into again when it starts happening again....then give up again... :?
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

no, turning off the error is not the way to deal with it.

if it happens intermittently, the that usually means that someone that is watching that particular topic, has an invalid email address in thier profile.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Midnightfantasy

Post by Midnightfantasy »

I only have one that takeforum is hosting, however I seem to have the same problem. I've tried to go into the config settings and change the email settings, however it is not working at all. Not only can i not send out mass emails, it keeps appearing after you've posted a message, the message goes through, nonetheless but it's quite annoying.

any suggestions?
ric323
Former Team Member
Name: Ric

Post by ric323 »

Midnightfantasy wrote:I only have one that takeforum is hosting, however I seem to have the same problem. I've tried to go into the config settings and change the email settings, however it is not working at all. Not only can i not send out mass emails, it keeps appearing after you've posted a message, the message goes through, nonetheless but it's quite annoying.

any suggestions?
As that is a free forum host, you must ask that host to sort out the problem, as you don't have access to the files.
The Knowledge Base contains solutions to many common problems!
How to fix "Doesn't have a default value" and "Incorrect string value: xxx for column 'post_text' " errors.
How to do a clean re-install of the latest phpBB3 version.
Problems with permissions? Read phpBB3 Permissions

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”