log-in problem

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
yukie

log-in problem

Post by yukie »

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I'm having a frustrating problem logging-in in my board.

I visit my board, I log-in, and my name gets displayed on the users who are online, and yet the rest of the board behaves as if I never logged-in!

I have read the FAQ and it said something about cookies, but I can't even get to the admin panel coz the board thinks I'm not logged-in!
ryan_on_internet

Post by ryan_on_internet »

i would suggest deleting all your cookies and temp files and trying again.
Image Ryan Image ||Need a free site to run your phpBB get your free subdomain with your phpBB forum FREE!

Please do not ask for support via pm, aim, msn, email Thank youImage
yukie

Post by yukie »

hm, that didn't work, but I hope this new discovery would mean something:

If I am loggin in a PC for the first time, everything is OK. However, if I log-out and then log-in again, the problem appears.
pat538

Post by pat538 »

I am having the same problem.

I have to log in twice and log out twice.

If I don't log out, sometimes it stays logged in and sometimes it don't..

Pat
yukie

Post by yukie »

hey, OK, right now its acting fine.

I simply put my domain in the cookie domain field.

hope it stays this way. :)

I'm using phpBB2 if that helps
BolaBoard

Post by BolaBoard »

How do we make it to automaticily delete the cookie when a user closes the browser?
Thank You
yukie

Post by yukie »

um, I thought I had solved the problem but it looks like it has reappeared.

can somebody check if my cookie settings are right?

my phpbb2 files are on a linux machine in the following (absolute) path:
/home/$myusername/public_html/yukie.beigetower.org/html/phpBB2

my 'domain name' is yukie.beigetower.org but this is actually a subdomain of beigetower.org.

here are my settings:

cookie domain: yukie.beigetower.org
cookie name: phpbb2mysql
cookie path: /
cookie secure: disabled
session length: 3600

oh and please note that my problem is quite different from the more familiar double-log-in problem, since in my case I can't log-in no matter how many times I try.

btw, can proxies also cause this problem? because I have encountered a problem with proxies caching my files before...I'm guessing they're different from cookies but I not sure...[/code]
Chandra

Post by Chandra »

Hey!
I'm rather new to phpBB but I've discovered the same problem. I recently installed the latest phpbb version when I launched a fansite for actor Ewan McGregor. But for some reason it won't let me login anymore. Despite the fact that I removed all cookies and deleted the files from my TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES + erasing site history I can't login, even if I tre several times. But instantly, after I've tried to login it claims I'm online and logged in (I can see my nickname in "Registered Users:") athough I'm not! 8O I don't recall making any recent changes to the board except for allowing guests to post and reply to existing topics.

I use Windows 2000 and IE 6 SP 1. And the weird thing is that when I tried to log in at school where we use Windows 98, it worked! 8O But instantly when I tried to log in at home, it didn't work... -- wait, whoa! It logged me in (after the 4th time of trying)! Woo! But, I'm still wondering about this coz this isn't normal, right? :? Go to see the forum here.
Thanks in advance for any assistance! :)
Botrax

Post by Botrax »

I never had any problems with v2.0.4.

I installed 2.0.6 and nothing seems to have cookies work at all, on either IIS or Apache. I am thinking there is abug somewhere in Phpbb because this was working fine for me in 2.0.4
yukie

Post by yukie »

I guess I can follow-up now without sounding impatient.

My problem is still persisten on some PCs, and on some the problem is not present. so I'm thinking it must be the cookie settings of the browser...but I checked and cookies are enabled. could be I missing some other configuration or something?
Botrax

Post by Botrax »

In my case I am not even RECEIVING the cookie by phpbb

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”