saving post, users, member

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Loco6sic6

saving post, users, member

Post by Loco6sic6 »

i am using phpbb 2.0.5 and i am wanting to move to phpbb 2.0.6 or preferable phpbb PLUS.

but i want to know how i go about installing the new forum but keep all the old info like post, users, member?

any help on this matter would be greatly appriciated.
Mav
Former Team Member

Post by Mav »

to update 2.0.5 to 2.0.6, download the phpBB 2.0.6c [ Changed Files Only ] package from http://www.phpbb.com/downloads.php
this contains the files which have been altered between .5 and .6 AND a php file that you can run from your browser to update your database (you will not lose any data from your database when you run this, but we do recommend that you make a backup first).

if you upgrade to phpbb plus, you won't be able to get support here.
nOUzZhYh

Post by nOUzZhYh »

go to acp -> general config -> backupt database or use a script like phpMyAdmin to backup your database. then install phpBB 2.0.6 and restore your db.
Sorry for my sometimes bad english, I'm from Germany and I want to [get] help - hehe!
opus83.com - die Community für "selbstgemachte" Musik.
Loco6sic6

Post by Loco6sic6 »

nOUzZhYh wrote: go to acp -> general config -> backupt database or use a script like phpMyAdmin to backup your database. then install phpBB 2.0.6 and restore your db.

thanks for that. were do i get phpMyAdmin form?
i will search google for it.
Mav
Former Team Member

Post by Mav »

you don't need to restore your database. backup, yes. restore, no.

if you do what i said in my first post, your current db will not be wiped, emptied, dumped or anything like that. the update_to_206.php file will just make any alterations it needs to, to bring your 2.0.5 forum up to date with the 2.0.6 schema.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”