How can i add REPLYER name in the email notification ?

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
HollyMonkey

How can i add REPLYER name in the email notification ?

Post by HollyMonkey » Mon May 06, 2002 6:57 pm

hi guys
i am new here

i have a question which i can't found any related discussion here
if do have any details, please show me.

about the email notification
if i want to know WHO has reply my message
how should i suppose to modify the script, let the replyer name show in this email ?

regards.

Braveheart

Post by Braveheart » Mon May 06, 2002 7:03 pm

You need to be more descriptive--You want it when someone replies to your mass-emailing and you get their email, that it shows their username on your forums? This cannot be done.

AL

Post by AL » Mon May 06, 2002 7:15 pm

i believe what monkey is referring to is topic watch. when someone replies to a topic they are watching it just sends an email saying there is a reply. they want more info in the email... such as who replied.

this could probably be accomplished with a mod. please ask in the mod request forum and hopefully someone can help write it.
"A nerd is someone whose life is focused on computers and technology, but a geek is someone whose life is focused on computers and technology and LIKES it that way."

Braveheart

Post by Braveheart » Mon May 06, 2002 7:21 pm

Ah, your right-- Sorry, I misconstrued his information :D Again, AL saves the day :wink: Yes, a MOD would accomplish that :D

HollyMonkey

Post by HollyMonkey » Tue May 07, 2002 4:10 am

AL wrote: i believe what monkey is referring to is topic watch. when someone replies to a topic they are watching it just sends an email saying there is a reply. they want more info in the email... such as who replied.

yes
this is what i want to ....

do you know any entire mod for phpBB 2.0.0 ?

:?:

AL

Post by AL » Tue May 07, 2002 4:15 am

no - i don't know how to make this mod. but if you ask in the mods request forum there are people in there who probably can write it for you.
"A nerd is someone whose life is focused on computers and technology, but a geek is someone whose life is focused on computers and technology and LIKES it that way."

HollyMonkey

Post by HollyMonkey » Tue May 07, 2002 4:22 am

OK, thanks.
i will ask to ....

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”