Cant install.

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
ravenous

Cant install.

Post by ravenous » Tue May 07, 2002 12:07 am

I read through the install post and what not, but I have quite a unique issue. First of all I am using Deerfield.com's WebSite, (formerly Oriellys) and MSSQL 2000. If I try to go to the index.php I get the following error:

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: sql_db in C:\My WebSite\phpbb2\includes\db.php on line 60

So then if I type in the Isntall.php I get there, however it is truncated at the bottom. After it asks for the domain name, all there is after that line is:

<span class="ge

I did a view source and sure enough, there is nothing past that line in the code. Now I am not a web programmer, however I do work in QA and am pretty savvy when it comes to Internet and computers, but this one has got me licked. If anyone could help me out with this I would greatly appreciate it.

If a image of the way the page looks, or the source is needed please let me know.
The weaving of time is but one passage in the course that we, as brothers, journey towards to see the true light of infinity the path of unbeknownst knowledge which is not the journey, but the end result of hours of time from the demons within ourselves.

Braveheart

Post by Braveheart » Tue May 07, 2002 12:18 am

Sounds like a corrupt file. Try re-downloading phpbb v2 by clicking the link in my sig.

ravenous

Install

Post by ravenous » Tue May 07, 2002 1:48 am

I downloaded, and set those inthe directory (I am running the webserver personally) and it is the same problem. =-( Its probably something I am doing wrong, although I dont know what it could be.
The weaving of time is but one passage in the course that we, as brothers, journey towards to see the true light of infinity the path of unbeknownst knowledge which is not the journey, but the end result of hours of time from the demons within ourselves.

AL

Post by AL » Tue May 07, 2002 4:23 am

just covering bases...

when you installed it did you choose mssql? please open your config.php and tell me what $dbms= " " is
"A nerd is someone whose life is focused on computers and technology, but a geek is someone whose life is focused on computers and technology and LIKES it that way."

ravenous

Install

Post by ravenous » Tue May 07, 2002 4:51 am

Thats the problem. I cant install it. After I unzip all the files, I go to the webpage and it gives this error:

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: sql_db in C:\My WebSite\phpbb2\includes\db.php on line 60

If I manually enter in the install.php then I get most of the page loaded but after it asks the domain, all there is after that, is text in the page like it was not loading the programming. It says:

<span class="ge

I will setup an FTP server that you can get the screenshot of the actual page.

ravenous

Got it.

Post by ravenous » Wed May 08, 2002 3:44 am

Hey,

Thanks for the help, but I got it figured out. I had it set to use CGI so I just fudged that and used ISAPI and it is now working great. (PHP that is not the forum) Well anywho thanks. Looking good =-)

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”