Page cannot be found when loging in...

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
MarriottsAdmin

Page cannot be found when loging in...

Post by MarriottsAdmin »

Hiya, im havin problems login in, when i log into my admin user it comes up with page cannot b displayed, but when i go bak its loged me in, but it shouldnt come up with the screen, is there a php or html file missing?

Thanks for any help
shawnanwo

Post by shawnanwo »

im having the same problem if i find out what it is ill let you know. hopefully you will do the same for me :)
MarriottsAdmin

Post by MarriottsAdmin »

And it also does the same when u click log out, this is not just for my user it does it for all, i hope we can work this problem out....
shawnanwo

Post by shawnanwo »

ya thats exactly what it does for me but it brings me to some gay search engine instead
MarriottsAdmin

Post by MarriottsAdmin »

yeh, when the page cannot be found on sum computers it will take you to a random page, just like if you type in the wrong url to a site, urs will come up with that same search site, and mine will come up with page cannot be displayed.
flogger12

Post by flogger12 »

the log in problem has been discussed a lot here, it is usually cookie based,

in your admin configuration tell us what you have for the cookie settings.

also, the problem of being redirected to another page instead of a 404 error page is a virus and/or spyware that is on your system, you need to run your virus and spyware programs to clean it out.

luck,
robert
GalakStarscraper

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Ah ... a fresh topic I see ... glad I'm not the only one scratching my head here.

flogger12. When you say for me to show you the admin configuration ... do you mean from the config SQL table? Sorry I'm not sure what you mean by that. I want to make sure I show you the right settings.

I'll give you an example with what is happening to my site with one of the dummy logins for my site

Go to:
http://69.93.82.2/~bloodbo/MBBL2/forum

Try username: NotARealCoach and password: valkar

You'll see exactly the problem being described above and I have no clue how to fix it. Thanks for any help in advance.

Galak

Just in case I'm guess correctly ... here is what is in my Cookie's area of the admin page for this site:
=============================================

Code: Select all

Cookie settings 
These details define how cookies are sent to your users' browsers. In most cases the default values for the cookie settings should be sufficient, but if you need to change them do so with care -- incorrect settings can prevent users from logging in 
Cookie domain:  
Cookie name: phpbb2mysql  
Cookie path:  /
Cookie secure:
If your server is running via SSL, set this to enabled, else leave as disabled:   Disabled   
Session length [ seconds ]  :  3600
===============================================
GalakStarscraper

Post by GalakStarscraper »

I found my problem.

In my configuration, my domain name and script path both had typing errors.

However ... thanks for the thread ... it made me go back and look at the configuration page which let me see the problem. My site appears to be in perfect order now .. thanks.

Galak
tariq

Post by tariq »

Yes I had this problem once, I once uploaded the files when I first downloaded the phpbb script and after modifying them I downloaded them in some folder on my HD in case, when this problem happened with me, I uploaded the modified files that I downloaded once and it worked just fine.

I really do not know about the cookie thing but I will try it the next time if this problem happened again.
MarriottsAdmin

Post by MarriottsAdmin »

no one seems to have the 100% answer tho :roll: :?: :!:
[WHPLR]Yoda

Post by [WHPLR]Yoda »

Yes, I am having the log in (and logging out) problem as well. In addition, the authorization link that the program sends you to activate the account also turns up a 'Page Cannot Be Displayed' result.

My settings under the Cookie options are all at default.

Cookie Domain (blank)
Cookie Path: /
Cookie Secure: Disabled
Session Length (seconds): 3600

I'm not sure what the SQL details are but the web host is 1and1.com. I'm sure people have already realized it, but you can sorta work around the log in issue by just checking of the auto login box.....

Hopefully we can figure this out :D
MarriottsAdmin

Post by MarriottsAdmin »

yes but at the same time we shouldnt have to explain to people why it says page cannot be displayed, i am setting the forum up for over 600 people, i dont feel the need of explaining to everyone why its not working properly.

My settings are:

Cookie Domain (blank)
Cookie Path: /
Cookie Secure: Disabled
Session Length (seconds): 3600

just the same as you, plus this is a fresh install of phpBB, no mods, only a few users etc, and hardly no settings changed
[WHPLR]Yoda

Post by [WHPLR]Yoda »

Well, i appears the port number I had (which was 3306, why I can't remember) was the problem. I've changed that to 80 and everything works perfect. No more problems with page display, and email auth works.

Hopefully this will help some of you suffering from the same issue.
MarriottsAdmin

Post by MarriottsAdmin »

but mines already 80, and i havent changed anything there... :?:
piercerides

Im stupid

Post by piercerides »

I just freakin started a new topic and it has the same topic as this one... i think im illiterate ... hmm anyways ... is the problem fixed by changing that cookie setting or whatever... what file exactly (directory/name.extention) do you edit the cookie information in?

Cookies yumm... Chips Ahoy milk and some admin... *SLAP* srry bout that guys.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”