What to edit

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Xanimal

What to edit

Post by Xanimal »

I donno if this is in the right forum and im sorry if it isnt.
Here's my question
im trying to install this mod and in the install instructions it says this
ALTER TABLE phpbb_topics ADD topic_announce_duration MEDIUMINT(5) NOT NULL;
ALTER TABLE phpbb_auth_access ADD auth_global_announce TINYINT(1) NOT NULL AFTER auth_announce;
ALTER TABLE phpbb_forums ADD auth_global_announce TINYINT(2) NOT NULL AFTER auth_announce;
UPDATE phpbb_forums SET auth_global_announce=5;

where do i edit "phpbb_topics" or "phpbb_auth_access" i found em in my sql database at least more versions of them but i cant open them with a text editor.
Drexion
Former Team Member

Post by Drexion »

Those are queries. On most paid hosts phpMyAdmin is installed and can be used to run queries. On other hosts you can do so via your hosting control panel. If you need assistance running queries on your database check your hosts documentation or contact your host for assistance.

If you need assistance with that MOD, ask in the relevant MOD support thread if you obtained it here, or if not ask at the site you obtained it from or contact its author for support.
CTCNetwork
Former Team Member

Post by CTCNetwork »

Your best bet would be to download and install on your hosting server the phpMyAdmin.

This can be used to edit and modify your database on the server. . .

Cant find a link to it but if no one posts one PM me and I can upload it somewhere for you...

:D

~~~~~Edit~~~~~

Get it Here.
Density:- Not just a measurement~Its a whole way of Life.! ! !
| Welcome! | RTFM!!! | Search! It's Easy! | Problem? | Spam? | Advice! |
Xanimal

Post by Xanimal »

i got php my admin, all i gotta figure out now is how to enter that, any thoughts? btw i have my own server running
CTCNetwork
Former Team Member

Install....

Post by CTCNetwork »

You will need to read the install instructions for phpMyAdmin. Installl on your server.

Once installed you can then loh into it through "phpMyAdmin/index.php" (choose your own folder name for this... ).

When installing and using this, think paranoia! Be secure. Protect the folder, don't let people be able to see or browse to it...

Then, you use to either query your database or to add elements for things like MODs . .

Good Luck. . .
Density:- Not just a measurement~Its a whole way of Life.! ! !
| Welcome! | RTFM!!! | Search! It's Easy! | Problem? | Spam? | Advice! |

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”