2 questions please ... URGENT

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
jbdean

2 questions please ... URGENT

Post by jbdean »

I have searched and searched and not found what I'm looking for. It might be here, sure it is, but I just can't find it. So, please excuse this if it's a repeat.

I need to know that if someone comes to my board and they are not already a member, will they see the 'log in page' first? I think that is a yes, but need to be certain.

and

How do I remove the FAQ, SEARCH, MEMBERLIST, USERGROUPS, PROFILE, YOU HAVE [NO] MESSAGES, & LOG IN links from the top of the log in page only (not from the other pages)? I asked this earlier to remove only the MEMERLIST but the direction I received resulted in a big mess up on my board so I'm back to the regular design. (Not sure if I did it wrong or not but it still messed things up, so I'm asking again).

The reasons I'm asking this is that on my old board (not a phpbb) I have some trouble makers that I want to be sure do not get in to the new board and do not have access to info that only members should have (those links). I don't want to have to moderate the sign ups as that's a lot of hassle for 2 trouble makers but if I can set it this way I'll feel secure. They keep using different isps so banning an ip # isn't a sure bet at keeping them out.

Thanks!
CTCNetwork
Former Team Member

Post by CTCNetwork »

There are a number of thiings to note here...

When you first get to your forum, you will see the index, it will have a log in at the bottom (but that can be moved/copied to the top). See This.

As set up, phpBB will allow access to memberlists, profiles etc.. There is a MOD you can apply to require a log in BEFORE you can see them. Check the MODs section as there are a few in there that will achieve this. I have done this to mine...

To remove the links you will need to edit the overall_header.tpl, BUT this may affect the whole board. (bit new at this too - learning :wink: )

However, if you have 2 people whom you know are trouble, you can block them in phpBB via the Admin Control Panel - user Admin - ban control. You can use an IP address if youknow them... :D

Hope this helps some...

Good Luck. . .
Density:- Not just a measurement~Its a whole way of Life.! ! !
| Welcome! | RTFM!!! | Search! It's Easy! | Problem? | Spam? | Advice! |
jbdean

Post by jbdean »

Thanks for your reply.
>>As set up, phpBB will allow access to memberlists, profiles etc.. There is a MOD you can apply to require a log in BEFORE you can see them. Check the MODs section as there are a few in there that will achieve this. I have done this to mine... <<

What is the MOD called? I've looked in MODs and can't find one that blocks this info.

Thanks, again. :)
CTCNetwork
Former Team Member

MODs for Access

Post by CTCNetwork »

Hi,

I think the one I used is guest_permission_1.0.2 available Here.

Does much the same thing though... :D

Note:- It is a phpBBHacks MOD so you will get support on their forum for it.. :D

Good Luck. . .
queenchandra

Post by queenchandra »

you're going to an aweful lt of trouble for 2 users :o

what about the 'ignore user' mod?
CTCNetwork
Former Team Member

2 Users?

Post by CTCNetwork »

I would suspect that he/she would hope to have a few more users than the 2 existing... :D
jbdean

Post by jbdean »

queenchandra wrote: you're going to an aweful lt of trouble for 2 users :o

what about the 'ignore user' mod?

It's not just that I don't want to see their posts, I don't want them to have access to my bb or the user's info. They may be just two ... but they are like a tornado when they begin to post their junk.
jbdean

Re: MODs for Access

Post by jbdean »

CTCNetwork wrote: Hi,

I think the one I used is guest_permission_1.0.2 available Here.

Does much the same thing though... :D

Note:- It is a phpBBHacks MOD so you will get support on their forum for it.. :D

Good Luck. . .

Thanks, I'll try that one :)

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”