Unexpected Moderators

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
t0m|ta

Unexpected Moderators

Post by t0m|ta »

Hi,

I've tried several searches but I either get a 100 pages result set or none at all, so if this has been answered before please refer me to it.

My problem is that in some of my forums, some members become moderators and I do not know why.

Some of the moderators are different versions of myself (I have diferent users for testing purposes) but some of this group are not.

I go to the control panel and try to change their permission, the board does not give any errors but nothing changes, they continue being moderators.

Also when I make a group moderator of a forum, it's ok, but it does not show up as it does here : Moderators Development Team, Moderator Team, Support Team

Something has gone very wrong with my permissions and I do not know where to start to look.

¿Any one can give me a hint?

t0m|ta
--
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

Hi,
Can you fill out the Support Request Template (found as the 2nd announcement in this forum)
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish
t0m|ta

Post by t0m|ta »

UPs yes of course, that template is new for me, did not see it :)

URL: http://www.tomatoma.ws
Template(s) used: Subsilver
Any and all MODs: Attachment Mod, easy_CMS (1), the fix for the tipical forum permission error
Do you use a port of phpBB: ? I don't understand
Version of phpBB: 2.06 (1)
Version of PHP: 4.3.3
Which database server and version: Mysql 4.0.15-standard
Host: hostgo
Did someone install this for you/who: NO
Is this an upgrade/from what to what: Yes (1)
Is this a conversion/from what to what: no
Have you searched for your problem: Yes for a couple of years
If so, what terms did you try: Moderators, forum permission, moderators problems, unexpected moderators,
State the nature of your problem: The problem is, as I stated before, that some users are showing up as moderating some forums when they have not been asigned to it. Some are of these unexpected users are my own testing accounts, some are not.

Also when is a group that moderates a forum it does not show up.

Do you have a test account for us: No, but various members of the support team have an account at tomatoma, and they can use any of the test accounts we already have
If so, please have it ready in case a Support Team Member asks for it.

(1) I do not think this bug has nothing to do with the mods I have, as it been happening since long before installing them. We've been running phpBB since version 2.0.0 and this is happening since version 2.03.

I have the feeling the "culprit" is the database, we are using the same db since the first installation, its easier to take a look at the tables and modifing them when a new version of phpBB comes than restoring a 42 MB database with phpMyadmin (we do not have a shell account).

I have the impression that the tables controlling this are phpbb_groups, phpbb_auth_access and phpbb_users but I not sure how it works.

I have the feeling my phpbb_groups and phpbb_auth_access need some cleaning up but I not sure as to how the work.

¿Is it docummented somewhere?

Thanx and sorry for not using the template
t0m|ta
--
t0m|ta

Post by t0m|ta »

I think I've got the problem, although I still do not know how to fix it.

We've got 2 phpBB installed, the first one is a normal board, the second acts as a CMS for the website.

Both share the same users tables, the second phpBB is sharing the following tables:

USER_GROUP_TABLE
AUTH_ACCESS_TABLE (I think first two are the problem)
PRIVMSGS_TABLE
PRIVMSGS_TEXT_TABLE
PRIVMSGS_IGNORE_TABLE

So I supose I should stop sharing those two tables, idenfify which groups are comming from the second phpBB and delete them.

¿Is that correct?

Tx
t0m|ta
--

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”