Change database name?

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
claes

Change database name?

Post by claes »

Hi,
I'm about to change webhost and want to move my phpbb-forum to the new one. This would probably have been very easy if they only didn't have some pre-defined elements in the database names at the new Host - which can't be made to match the original database name... :(
What I need to know, is where I'll find the database name among all the files in my forum, so I can just download the whole thing from the old Host, change the database name in the files which need to be changed, and then upload it to the new Host - and hope that everything works when I set the DNS-pointers to the new servers... :wink:
Drexion
Former Team Member

Post by Drexion »

One file contains the database name (and also the database username/password).
This is config.php , which is in the forum base folder.
claes

Post by claes »

Great!
Thanks for an incredibly quick reply!!! 8O :D
asinshesq
Name: Alan

Post by asinshesq »

And what about in the DB itself...is it just the directory name under mysql/data that contains the DB name, or is that name somehow woven inside the mysql files themselves? If you simply change the directory name for a DB, have you just changed the DB name too, or is there something else you need to change?
lilangelgodess03

Post by lilangelgodess03 »

well where do you change the the name on the forums?

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”