Oh no Me stupid ME stupid ME STUPID!!

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
MikeRee

Oh no Me stupid ME stupid ME STUPID!!

Post by MikeRee »

Ummmm....I screwed up you see

I am new to this and was messing around in the admin section (i the ONLy person right now) and I went to Ban user...I think you can see my point but anyways I was messing around there and clicked my name. Didn't realize what it would do and I must of accidently pressed enter because it goes the changes has been made. I click on antoerh link and it says that my username is banned!!

Oh no OH NO.....is there anyway to fix that?? WITHOUT REINSTALLING because i had done a lot of stuff tonight.

Ohh I hope so..

thanks,
mike

oscyaki

Post by oscyaki »

you will have to replace the config.php file which means basically yes you will have to re-install!

MikeRee

Post by MikeRee »

Are you sure there are no other ways??

Braveheart

Post by Braveheart »

config.php? no u dont. You need to remove the ban from the DB (www.phpMyAdmin.org)

MikeRee

Post by MikeRee »

So go to that site??

Braveheart

Post by Braveheart »

yeah and download their software, and install+configure it. Then report back here for instructions.

heretic

Post by heretic »

So the ban function works even for the ip of localhost? It seems it works TOO well :roll:
Step aside everyone! Sensitive love letters are my speciality. "Dear Baby, Welcome to
Dumpsville. Population: you."

MikeRee

Post by MikeRee »

I dont' feel like hassling with it...plus I couldn't get to the site so I'll just reconfigure everything...thanks for your help guys!

MikeRee

Post by MikeRee »

I can't...I mean I can't access the db (I don't think) and I can't enter that site and worst of all! ! I CAN"T ACCESS MY FORUM!! I have replaced EVERY file with a fresh file and it still WON"T WORK. It still says I'm banned.

I'm gonna see if I can find that phpmyadmin site. If you think you messed up on the addy which I think you did (only cause I can't get to the site)

Sorry for all the trouble this is just frusterating,

Mike

MikeRee

Post by MikeRee »

Now I get a message saying Critical error could not connect to database and guess what? I checked it last night and i had the ban thing and this morning I checked it it said that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please help! :-)

SamG
Former Team Member
Name: Sam Graf

Post by SamG »

heretic wrote: So the ban function works even for the ip of localhost? It seems it works TOO well :roll:

Why should phpBB have to be smarter than its administrator? Is it really to the point that the computer (or software developer) has to do all our thinking for us? Talk about :roll:

Anyway, back to MikeRee's problem. Deleting/replacing phpBB files isn't enough, if you want to start from scratch. You have to delete the SQL database that phpBB connects to as well. So to truly start from scratch, delete the phpBB installation and the database associated with phpBB.
Last edited by SamG on Sun May 12, 2002 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

primedomain
Former Team Member

Post by primedomain »

I am not sure if I understood that correctly... you can't download phpmyadmin? The above mentioned URL is correct, but does not seem to work anymore 8O , anyway, go here: http://www.phpmyadmin.net/ , download 2.2.6, install it on your webserver, look at the table prefix_banlist.

"Could not connect to database": open your config.php and make sure that all data are correct.

primedomain
Former Team Member

Post by primedomain »

SamG wrote: the database associated with phpBB.
It's usually sufficient to just drop the tables and not to delete the whole database. You can drop/delete all relevant tables with phpmyadmin.

MikeRee

Post by MikeRee »

Umm...since I had reinstalled all my stuff for phpbb do I have to put all the forums and stuff back in?? After I get this ban off me??

Umm and I HAVE NO CLUE HOW TO LOOK AT THE CONFIG.PHP!!!!!!!!

Those are my questions. Thank you,
Mike :-)

primedomain
Former Team Member

Post by primedomain »

Connect with your ftp program to your server, mark config.php and click "view" or maybe "open" (but not: "run"). The file will automatically be opened by your editor.

Just to be sure... Are there any data you want to keep or can you start from zero?

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”