"could not obtain topic information" problem

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
jemma

"could not obtain topic information" problem

Post by jemma » Sun May 12, 2002 5:41 pm

errr...i have no idea why it does that. i know that other people can see the topics because i can see that there are recent topics posted from the index page. but i don't know why i can't access the individual forums. it keeps giving me the same message, "could not obtain topic information".

any help would be greatly appreciated!!! :) :(

AL

Post by AL » Sun May 12, 2002 5:56 pm

please enable debug mode (there is information how in the tutorial forum) and then give us the full error so we can help diagnose this.
"A nerd is someone whose life is focused on computers and technology, but a geek is someone whose life is focused on computers and technology and LIKES it that way."

jemma

Post by jemma » Mon May 13, 2002 2:28 am

here's the error information! thanx so much!

------------------------------------------------------------

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 't.topic_first_post_id' in 'where clause'

SELECT t.*, u.username, u.user_id, u2.username as user2, u2.user_id as id2, p.post_username, p2.post_username AS post_username2, p2.post_time FROM phpbb_topics t, phpbb_users u, phpbb_posts p, phpbb_posts p2, phpbb_users u2 WHERE t.forum_id = 6 AND t.topic_poster = u.user_id AND p.post_id = t.topic_first_post_id AND p2.post_id = t.topic_last_post_id AND u2.user_id = p2.poster_id AND t.topic_type <> 2 ORDER BY t.topic_type DESC, t.topic_last_post_id DESC LIMIT 0, 25

Line : 328
File : /home/virtual/site46/fst/var/www/html/indreams/phpBB2/viewforum.php

AL

Post by AL » Mon May 13, 2002 3:09 am

please look in your database (via phpmyadmin or whatever you use) and look in the phpbb_topics and make sure you have the field topic_first_post_id

if you don't have it then you are using an older version (you should be using 2.0.0 and not an RC version) or somehow that field was dropped. if this is a new board then you might want to drop everything and reinstall. if it's existing you can recreate that field (it's mediumint(8) not null) and see if that fixes it.
"A nerd is someone whose life is focused on computers and technology, but a geek is someone whose life is focused on computers and technology and LIKES it that way."

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”