phpbb possible in frames?

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
cazny

phpbb possible in frames?

Post by cazny »

I want to make my phpbb in frames. I want the header (overall header) to remain on top of every page even when an outside link is clicked it won't take them out of my site completely. For example, I will be adding an automated newswire column on my side panel (index body). Each link leads them to that site where its coming from so it will take them out of my site. I don't want that. Is there a way to make it within my site by retaining the overall header in frames? Also, my side panel (www.talkjesus.com) would be nice in frames along with overall header. Any possiblity or suggestions?
American Psycho

Post by American Psycho »

you can just add your overall_header.tpl code to the top of that document
Warning: Reading may cause you to find the answer to your question.
cazny

Post by cazny »

That doesn't make any sense. As I stated these are outside links (in other words they are from another site not my own). So, they open directly into their site (not even pop up). Question is, is there a way to put say overall header in a frame so that my members remain within my site no matter what?
cazny

Post by cazny »

Well if someone has any suggestion or possibly know of any mods/hacks please tell me. I'll take it from there. I'd appreciate anyone's help.
cazny

Post by cazny »

Please help
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

Let me see if I understand...you have your site in a frame already, and when users log in, they lose the frame? If so, in login_body.tpl, find

Code: Select all

target="_top"
and remove it.
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish
cazny

Post by cazny »

That didn't work. Basically, I want the top (overall header) to always show up. Try it yourself www.talkjesus.com - On the right column under "today's news" those are auto generated links from another site. Click on a link and it'll take you to that site and leave mine completely. Is there a way to keep it within my site by having the overall_header always on top?
cazny

Post by cazny »

Mr. Jelly Doughnut any other suggestions? :lol:

I hope there any way. I mean man went to the moon 40 yrs go so there must be a way we can do this somehow :)
wouterc

Post by wouterc »

Open login_body.tpl. Find and remove

target="_top" 

I did the following and it works:

You should give your frames a specific name, it can be anything basically ("bill", "george", "menu",...) As long as you keep using the correct name it will show in the correct frame.

I have a page with 3 frames (top, menu, content). I want the forum to stay in the "content" frame. I did this:

target="content" 
And it works...! Thanks J_Dough...

w.
Vampy

Post by Vampy »

Hi! Since we are on the topic of frames and phpbb. I have a question. Is it possible to load just the top menu bar of the forum in one frame while the rest of the forum on another frame? For example, the top menu bar is on the top frame wile the rest of the forum is at the bottom frame?

Thanks.
Julian

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”