Backup database

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Merlin Sythove

Backup database

Post by Merlin Sythove »

Hi,

I've searched for a while but could not find the answer. I made a backup using the Admin panel, but on inspection it looks like this does not back up ALL phpBB tables (I cannot find the users table for example). Is this correct?

Should I make backups with MySQLAdmin to get all forum related tables?

I also noticed that the backup with MySQLAdmin is smaller - it looks like the phpBB backup is prepending the full list of field names to each record. If I make a backup with MySQLAdmin, is it necessary for me to do the same and use Complete inserts instead of Extended inserts?

Sorry for the questions if they've been asked before. I'm a programmer but all this php and web stuff is new to me. I'm fiddling with a new forum, trying to test the important procedures *before* I need them when the forum is up and running... :D

Happy coding,
Dennis

Merlin Sythove

Post by Merlin Sythove »

OK, continued searching, it looks like the backup I made with the Admin panel contained a table 'sessions'. This had a full html document following it, and none of the tables alphabetically after 'sessions' were present, so no user_groups, no users etc. The html document looks like the theme .css style sheet followed by overall_footer.tpl.

Is this just a freak thing or a bug?

I had 2.0.6 installed, added a handfull of mods, and upgraded to 2.0.7 yesterday. The board is still more or less empty, I'm developing at the moment.

Dennis

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”