Remote avatar URL not displayed in profile

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Merlin Sythove

Remote avatar URL not displayed in profile

Post by Merlin Sythove »

Hi,

The Remote avatar URL is not displayed in the edit profile page. Is there a simple way to correct this?

Thanks,
Dennis

ZoliveR
Former Team Member

Post by ZoliveR »

Verify that the avatar file exist and that you typed it correctly when you submit your profile settings
No more Team Chocolate Member. I decided to leave, it's my choice. Thanks to all for all these years.
I'm always near if you need news of me. But no more support is given (private notification disabled)

Merlin Sythove

Post by Merlin Sythove »

The avatar FILE exists and is displayed. The URL is not displayed in the profile settings page - the text box is blank.

ZoliveR
Former Team Member

Post by ZoliveR »

Any mod installed? (like the mod which restrict the remote avatar size?)
No more Team Chocolate Member. I decided to leave, it's my choice. Thanks to all for all these years.
I'm always near if you need news of me. But no more support is given (private notification disabled)

Merlin Sythove

Post by Merlin Sythove »

Yes, that one, is that the problem?

ZoliveR
Former Team Member

Post by ZoliveR »

Maybe... Just try to verify the mod settings (height max, width max...)
Try with a tiny picture...
If that don't work, then uninstall the mod and try again...

Merlin Sythove

Post by Merlin Sythove »

Doubt it = the picture displays fine, but the URL (the text) of where it is, is not shown in the text box when you enter that page. The text box is blank, so you can't see where the picture came from.

Merlin Sythove

Post by Merlin Sythove »

OK, took me an hour or so, figured out that the input box for the remote avatar URL is in profile_add_body.tpl. There is no 'value' specified, if I specify value="test" then that works fine.

So in which file can I find the variable of the database remote url field of this user, and how do I set it in that file in a way that I can get it again in profile_add_body.tpl?

I found some stuff in usercp_register.php but I'm not sure if that is the correct file, and I don't know how to add a variable there (or which one already has the url I need).

Help?

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”