Trying to send mass emails..using 2.0.0

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
areacode313

Trying to send mass emails..using 2.0.0

Post by areacode313 »

How can I upload a lastest verion of phpbb

Or how do I send emails to my registered users because I am currently using 2.0.0 and I can't send emails to my 3000 members. Please help!

Is there a way to manually send emails to my 3000 members?

Also, when explaining to me how to upload the newest version please keep it simple...thanks!

Thanks
MHobbit
Former Team Member

Re: Trying to send mass emails..using 2.0.0

Post by MHobbit »

areacode313 wrote: How can I upload a lastest verion of phpbb

Or how do I send emails to my registered users because I am currently using 2.0.0 and I can't send emails to my 3000 members. Please help!

Is there a way to manually send emails to my 3000 members?

Also, when explaining to me how to upload the newest version please keep it simple...thanks!

Thanks

Well, manually, the quickest way to do that is using an email client, such as Outlook, or for me, Mozilla ThunderBird (yes, it rules!). In thunderbird i can create mailing lists, so that when i send it, instead of putting in the email, i put in the mailing list name. It's worked for me in ThunderBird. Not sure if there's such a function in Outlook.
MHobbit
Former Team Member

Post by MHobbit »

Make sure your web hoster has FTP access, get the FTP username and password, download an FTP client such as AceFTP, WS FTP_LE, CuteFTP, etc.

just get the phpBB welcoming package! I'm too bored, tired, and lazy to type everything out. Or are you not asking how to upload the most recent phpBB?

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”