Warning: Unknown list entry type in request shutdown

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
jbeer

Warning: Unknown list entry type in request shutdown

Post by jbeer »

Hello,

I've installed the latest version of PHP on windows 2000 with IIS 5.0.

I can run phpInfo.php from a browser, no problem. Command line php works fine.

I installed the current version of phpBB and ran the install, again no problem. I was able to move around inside the admin area and make forum changes etc, with no errors.

However, as soon as I try to view the BB as a user, I get a page full of errors like those below. The only difference is the file name and the line number reported.

When I scroll down to the end, phpBB has run, has loaded, and looks completely normal, except for the same basic error printed near the bottom of the rendered HTML page. Odd...

I've searched this board, and google, and several PHP boards with no conclusive answers. Does anyone know where I can start troubleshooting?

Thanks!

Warning: Unknown list entry type in request shutdown (2) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown list entry type in request shutdown (2) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\adultdvdreviews.com\phpbb2\admin\index.php on line 30
chris_blessing

Post by chris_blessing »

jbeer I am having the same problems but on the install.php script. It mysteriously disappeared yesterday, now it's back. No errors in the W3svc error log or system event log!

I am also running win2k/iis5/php4 and using sql server 7.
chris_blessing

Post by chris_blessing »

jbeer, I suspect it's a problem with the text file formats for all the files. They appear to be unix format, so I am going to mass convert them to windows format and see if that helps. FWIW the error appears to be on includes and such... also it's causing IIS to hang, which is driving me nuts with constantly needing to reboot.
chris_blessing

GOT IT

Post by chris_blessing »

jbeer, the problem was definitely the unix file format for all the ascii files. I have converted mine to dos format and everything is running smoothly! Google up "Nameless File Converter" and drag/drop the entire phpBB directory into it, making sure you add "php" and "inc" as file extensions in the preferences.

Also note that it will convert your image files, so you'll need to replace /images and /templates with the original .zip file directories to get them to show up.

I am 100% running now!

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”