Problem.......

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Ben Johnson

Problem.......

Post by Ben Johnson »

For some reason whenever you post an image on any phpbb forum it spreads out the tables, when the image should be able to fit easily.

Go here to see what I am talking about:

http://www.teamve.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=75
Kage Musha

Post by Kage Musha »

I don't have a problem with it. Tables aren't stretched.
I'm running on 1024x768
https://www.rpggarden.com Development: Battle Mod
Released: PS2 Theme
Image Search b4 asking (less work for us :lol: )
Plz do not abuse my IM mediums or I'll have to block ya :evil:
Ben Johnson

Post by Ben Johnson »

the tables are definately stretched pretty bad
look at the top then at the message, o rjust look at any other post on the forum and compare them
Ben Johnson

Post by Ben Johnson »

ummm
my problem still isnt solved, i am coming to you because yall are the ones that programed the html files, so i figured you could fix it
the .tpl html programming is poor and very unorganized so i figured the creators of it might understand what is going on
Ben Johnson

Post by Ben Johnson »

bump
psoTFX
Former Team Member

Post by psoTFX »

Ben Johnson wrote: ummm my problem still isnt solved,

You waited just a few hours and in that time posted 4 times ...
Ben Johnson wrote: i am coming to you because yall are the ones that programed the html files, so i figured you could fix it
the .tpl html programming is poor and very unorganized

Also not the best way to get help "You're system is crap, oh and btw please help me" ;) The templates are not poor, they are simply HTML and CSS and 'generally' compliant.

What you're seeing is "just the way it is" with subSilver. There is a solution but it's somewhat involved whereby each 'post' is placed in its own table. Therefore text or images deforming that post won't deform all posts. You can change this yourself with a little effort (though you will lose some of the 'niceties' of subSilver in the process). Alternatively why not look through the other available styles and see if one catches your eye and fits your requirements.
Ben Johnson

Post by Ben Johnson »

Thank you.
I have messed with the tables, inserted tables, messed with the width variable and everything. The way they set up the html in the .tpl file is poor. I was not trying to be rude or talk bad about the coding, I was simply stating that the html is poor or else it would be incredibly easy to fix.
I'll look through the other styles and see what I find, thank you.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”