Changing the Forum Configuration Multiple times per session

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
SlapShot434

Changing the Forum Configuration Multiple times per session

Post by SlapShot434 »

I'm currently having trouble changing the forum configuration and other AdminCP settings multiple times per session.
After I make my changes and submit, the following screen shows up:

When I click on the orange link to make more changes, nothing happens, the page just reloads to the exact same image, not allowing me to make another change until i completely exit out of Internet Explorer and reopen the page.

Does anyone in here know of a MOD that can fix this? I have looked through several different MOD sites, and have yet to find one.
Last edited by SlapShot434 on Sun Aug 15, 2004 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PLEASE NOTE: I have left the coding community and no longer provide support for any coding I may have contributed to in the past. I apologize for the inconvenience and fully welcome anyone perfecting my code for the betterment of this community.
flogger12

Post by flogger12 »

You don't need a MOD to fix this.
In your subSilver (or whatever style you are using) folder is another folder named admin.
Upload the folder and all it's contents to the same place on your server
Be very sure that you do it correctly and that your ftp (use ftp not front page or something) does not change anything and make sure if uploads in ascii and not binary.

See if that fixes your problem

robert
SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 »

I'm not sure I understand what you mean... Do you want me to download the folder onto my computer and upload it back onto the server?
Last edited by SlapShot434 on Sun Aug 15, 2004 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PLEASE NOTE: I have left the coding community and no longer provide support for any coding I may have contributed to in the past. I apologize for the inconvenience and fully welcome anyone perfecting my code for the betterment of this community.
SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 »

anybody know how to do this?
Last edited by SlapShot434 on Sun Aug 15, 2004 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 »

Nevermind, it seems the problem was caused by a caching error set up by my host, but the problem has now been solved
Last edited by SlapShot434 on Sun Aug 15, 2004 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flogger12

Post by flogger12 »

well I am glad that it is solved.
I was not clear in my previous post, You need a copy of the phpBB files on your computer. You download them from here. It is a zip file in the downloads section.

If you are going to do any kind of work on your board you really should have a copy of the files so you can work on them on your computer and then just upload them to your server.

luck,
robert

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”