Why is this

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
NCllns

Why is this

Post by NCllns »

Hello,

My friend had the 2.0.1 version of phpBB and he backed up his database, to send a copy of it to me (our forums are similer), when I ran the restore database utility it worked correctly, however the version number at the bottom says 2.0.1 when I am only running 2.0.0. How do I get the version number back to 2.0.0?
Best Wishes,
Nigel
Kylecool

Post by Kylecool »

I'm honestly not sure atm, although I will look it over. I do highly suggest that you do upgrade though becuase it is important as some changes were made. This may be the problem also. You are running different versions of phpBB and you are sharing the same sql file. I suggest you upgrade. :)

-Kyle 8)
VACATION UNTIL june 29TH or 30th. :)
Bear

Post by Bear »

Part of the version number is stored in the config table in the database. If you didn't update your files or the database, then you're still running 2.0.0. Caution - using somebody else's database, especially from a different version, may cause undesired side effects. There were a few minor changes in the database between 2.0.0 and 2.0.1.
Bear
Got a thing for fashion? So do we at the Fashion Spot.
Let us give you the Royal Treatment at Les Tribunes Royales.
Kylecool

Post by Kylecool »

Yes, that is why I suggested upgrading to 2.0.1. You should have the same version if you use the same database. Bear is right, it can cause undesired side-effects. :)

-Kyle 8)
NCllns

Post by NCllns »

Hello,

I understand that is is advisable to upgrade, however there are 2 reasons why, the fist is that I have seen quite a few bugs posted and, secondly (the most inportent one) I have tons of mods on my site and upgrading would take hours, some of them arnt compatible with 2.0.1. SO is their anyway I can change the version number?
Best Wishes,
Nigel
Bear

Post by Bear »

Bear wrote: Part of the version number is stored in the config table in the database.

I gave that clue already. Look for version.

If you do run into any problems, be advised that it is probably due to using a database from a newer version.
Bear
Got a thing for fashion? So do we at the Fashion Spot.
Let us give you the Royal Treatment at Les Tribunes Royales.
NCllns

Post by NCllns »

Thanks Bear :) , authough I have just discovered the Patch, I will upgrade to 2.0.1!!
Best Wishes,
Nigel
Kylecool

Post by Kylecool »

NCllns wrote: Thanks Bear :) , authough I have just discovered the Patch, I will upgrade to 2.0.1!!

Good. you make me happy ;)

-Kyle 8)
NCllns

Post by NCllns »

Thought i would make you happy lol :lol:
Best Wishes,
Nigel

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”