[Feedback] If you have problems with 2.0.9

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
BlueRook

Post by BlueRook »

Acyd Burn wrote: The backslash problem within admin_board.php is known and already fixed (one line change).

Is this posted somewhere? I've redownloaded the MOD and no change was made there. I tried the full download and the code there is the same as the update. I've also searched and didn't see any mention of the change.
:?
SpitfireNL

failed upgrade

Post by SpitfireNL »

I failed to upgrade from version 204 to 209 with changed files package.
I get this when doing upgrade_to_209.php at the end.

Warning: main(./../extension.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.sites/132/site96/web/forum/update_to_209.php on line 46

Warning: main(): Failed opening './../extension.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /home/.sites/132/site96/web/forum/update_to_209.php on line 46

Warning: main(./../config.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.sites/132/site96/web/forum/update_to_209.php on line 47

Warning: main(): Failed opening './../config.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /home/.sites/132/site96/web/forum/update_to_209.php on line 47

What's wrong? :(
Xpert
Translator

Post by Xpert »

the problem is that u should place upgrade_to_xxx.php into install dir, not root dir of the forum
JoN666

Post by JoN666 »

got problem with some mods that isnt compatible for the phpbb 2.0.9

Like The Lotery with lot winner and the transactions mod or shop mod

mod realesed by zarath
Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham »

If you have problems with a MOD, please check the thread for that particular MOD (if released here at phpBB.com) to see if the author is aware of the problem and has released any updates.
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

phpBB Useful Links: Knowledge Base | Userguide | Forum Search | MOD Database | Styles Database
My Links: Blog!
Need Help

Post by Need Help »

Xpert wrote: the problem is that u should place upgrade_to_xxx.php into install dir, not root dir of the forum

Where is that? I can't find a folder with the word "install", I only see a file with that name. Is this it? It's located under "Docs"
Xpert
Translator

Post by Xpert »

Need Help wrote: Where is that? I can't find a folder with the word "install", I only see a file with that name. Is this it? It's located under "Docs"

create such dir... or just place into "docs" or other dir into your phpbb root path... the main thing is that upgrade_to_xxx.php has relative paths in it, so running from root dir cause errors and running from a dir in root is ok...
SnoopyWillKillU

Post by SnoopyWillKillU »

I installed the forum and then after making a couple of forums and people started posting, when you would load the website it would go blank, and now I can't get into the the forum. The server is fine, its just my forum that isn't working.

see for yourself
http://snoopy.bunkeredpb.com/forum/

i have nothing out of the ordinary installed, except a style
Last edited by SnoopyWillKillU on Fri Jul 16, 2004 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
photojgirl

Post by photojgirl »

It sounded simple enough...open common.php, replace selected code with the 'good' code.
I just have one problem: as soon as I upload the new common.php file, the board disappears.
You go to the url and nothing.

When I replace the file with the old common.php file, it comes back up, but again, problem with apostrophes.

What did I do wrong?
I'm not very bright when it comes to these things...
I appreciate any and all help!

Thank you thank you thank you
Tech. Info:
Used dreamweaver to edit common.php and upload new file to server
BlueRook

Post by BlueRook »

photojgirl wrote: Used dreamweaver to edit common.php and upload new file to server

You really should use a simple text editor such as notepad. Editors such as Dreamweaver and Frontpage have been known to insert addtitional code into the file and cause problems.
SnoopyWillKillU

i'de have more patience if I had time to work on my board another day when its fixed... but i need help.. SOON :?
SnoopyWillKillU wrote: I installed the forum and then after making a couple of forums and people started posting, when you would load the website it would go blank, and now I can't get into the the forum. The server is fine, its just my forum that isn't working.

see for yourself
http://snoopy.bunkeredpb.com/forum/

photojgirl

Post by photojgirl »

If only that helped!

I used textedit (mac user here) and even tried uploading three diff. ways incase something was encoding improperly (dreamweaver, server ftp, fetch)

I also tried replacing the text 2 diff.ways
A) Copy & Paste
B) Hand editing each line (from side by side copies)

I'm thinking this might just be above me. I might just downgrade a version, I have the previous running a board for my pro site, was just trying to add a second for some literary discussion.
Not worth my several hours I've already put in...
Thanks for the advice.
photojgirl

Post by photojgirl »

SnoopyWillKillU wrote: I installed the forum and then after making a couple of forums and people started posting, when you would load the website it would go blank, and now I can't get into the the forum. The server is fine, its just my forum that isn't working.

[/quote]

Same here--I've found that if I re-upload the original common.php file the forum comes back.

I only have this problem when I try to apply the fix for the '
SnoopyWillKillU

thanks, my forum just went back to how it looked when I originally installed it :?
alphamonkey

Post by alphamonkey »

... Interesting.
Could you tell me what version of PHP you are running, if you have magic_quotes_gpc enabled, and if you have register_globals enabled. A full phpinfo() would be nice, but for security reasons, I might not be good to make that information public...

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”