Installation Problems

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
rwgibbs

Installation Problems

Post by rwgibbs »

I've been attempting to load off and on for several months now, but would really like to get this going...

After uploading all files via FTP, I go to the install (www.mydomain.com/forum/install/install.php)...

I do get to the install page, but get all these errors prior to the configuration:

Warning: opendir, readdir, closedir() has been disabled for security reasons in d:\hosting\gibbsweb\forum\install\install.php on line 616

Warning: readdir, closedir() has been disabled for security reasons in d:\hosting\gibbsweb\forum\install\install.php on line 619

Warning: closedir() has been disabled for security reasons in d:\hosting\gibbsweb\forum\install\install.php on line 630

Then, once I input all the configuration, I get:

An error has occurred during installation
An error occurred trying to update the database

Could not insert board_startdate :: INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('board_startdate', 1090352595) :: 871 :: d:\hosting\gibbsweb\forum\install\install.php

Could not insert default_lang :: INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('default_lang', 'english') :: 878 :: d:\hosting\gibbsweb\forum\install\install.php

Could not insert default_lang :: UPDATE phpbb_config SET config_value = 'rwgibbs@hotmail.com' WHERE config_name = 'board_email' :: 895 :: d:\hosting\gibbsweb\forum\install\install.php

Could not insert default_lang :: UPDATE phpbb_config SET config_value = '/forum/' WHERE config_name = 'script_path' :: 895 :: d:\hosting\gibbsweb\forum\install\install.php

Could not insert default_lang :: UPDATE phpbb_config SET config_value = '80' WHERE config_name = 'server_port' :: 895 :: d:\hosting\gibbsweb\forum\install\install.php

Could not insert default_lang :: UPDATE phpbb_config SET config_value = 'www.outsourceloanprocessor.com' WHERE config_name = 'server_name' :: 895 :: d:\hosting\gibbsweb\forum\install\install.php

Could not update admin info :: UPDATE phpbb_users SET username = 'gibbsweb', user_password='34f86b93c2a6a36acac5a92bd27a3880', user_lang = 'english', user_email='rwgibbs@hotmail.com' WHERE username = 'Admin' :: 906 :: d:\hosting\gibbsweb\forum\install\install.php

Could not update user_regdate :: UPDATE phpbb_users SET user_regdate = 1090352595 :: 913 :: d:\hosting\gibbsweb\forum\install\install.php

I know that's a lot of stuff to post, but I'm hoping someone out there knows what I'm missing....

Thanks,

Rick

prince_of_oreon

Post by prince_of_oreon »

CHMOD the config.php file to 777, or read, write, and execute, for all users for windows users.

rwgibbs

Post by rwgibbs »

Yeah....I've got that. But getting those same errors.

rwgibbs

Post by rwgibbs »

I've just come across an article in the Knowledge Base for installing on GoDaddy (my hosting is through a reseller of the same system as GoDaddy).

The article says I have to use a motified install page, but their link isn't good anymore.

Does anyone know anything more about that?

rwgibbs

Post by rwgibbs »

My problem was that my hosting account was with ASP instead of CGI... I downgraded to the Hosting with CGI account, and now everything works like a charm.

I did have to swap the install.php file with one their Tech Support sent me.

But I'm up and running great now.

Thought I'd answer my own post for the benefit of anyone else who may encounter the same problem later....

rwgibbs

Post by rwgibbs »

My problem was that my hosting account was with ASP instead of CGI... I downgraded to the Hosting with CGI account, and now everything works like a charm.

I did have to swap the install.php file with one their Tech Support sent me.

But I'm up and running great now.

Thought I'd answer my own post for the benefit of anyone else who may encounter the same problem later....

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”