2.0.8 to 2.0.10 with fresh install

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Ahheron

2.0.8 to 2.0.10 with fresh install

Post by Ahheron »

The question is:
I have a full db backup from previous host (still running) and planned an fresh install of 2.0.10 to a new host. I just want to migrate users, forums and posts. No mods, nothing but those three things I mentioned before.
As with full restore I get all the mod stuff etc. in the ACP.
Is there a simple way to do it :?: If not, what would be the hard way :P

BTW, tried to search and end up with nothing, so if this topic is already covered somewhere, I'd really apreciate a link :D

Tnx in advance
#KGB @ irc.ircworld.org

zeroK
Former Team Member

Post by zeroK »

Well, simply take the whole backup, then config.php and the images folder and replace those of a blank board with them. If you were using a different style than subSilver on your other board you'll have to set the default_style to 1 and override_user_style to 1 in the phpbb_config table to get it all working :-) This also requires that subSilver was still installed on your old board.
Image My weblog | gamerslog.com | No support via PM or ICQ or email - If you don't know a term or a program mentioned in a post -> Google is your friend

Ahheron

Post by Ahheron »

Tnx zeroK, now I remember myself... mod's go through editing php and tpl, not mysql tables (in this case), so I have to reinstall the style anew :lol: stupid me
Have been away from this for too long :-?
#KGB @ irc.ircworld.org

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”