email not working after upgrade to 2.0.10, what to do?

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
scanar

email not working after upgrade to 2.0.10, what to do?

Post by scanar » Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:20 am

I recently upgraded to 2.0.10 from 2.0.06. This was not smooth as my hoster also had server problems, but eventually it is done. Seems to work fine, but email no longer works at all. This means no new memberships, notifications or emailing :wink: Anyway I get no real support from the hoster (you get what you pay for, this is free). Is is likely to be a server problem, phpBB problem or what? Can I go back to 2.0.06 and see if that works. As the bb is in development should I just dump the whole thing, reset the database and start from scratch with 2.0.10?

Lots of questions, but if you guys don't know, no one will

zeroK
Former Team Member

Post by zeroK » Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:27 am

Does the user get any error message when registering?
Image My weblog | gamerslog.com | No support via PM or ICQ or email - If you don't know a term or a program mentioned in a post -> Google is your friend

scanar

Post by scanar » Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:46 am

No, it all goes to the confirmation page telling them what will happen with their request, as normal. Same for all the other email sending pages. phpBB *seems* to act like it should, I am not sure if it is an issue with the server version of php. I did have the attachment mod on as well but I have not reinstalled that since the update to 2.0.10, the update was a clean install so no attach mod files on the server now.

scanar

Post by scanar » Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:59 am

Sorry, did not realise I should have added this info as well :oops:

URL: www.scanar.uklinux.net
Template(s) used: subsilver
Any and all MODs: none at present
Do you use a port of phpBB? no
Version of phpBB: 2.0.10
Version of PHP: 4
Which database server and version: MySQL ?4
Host: uklinux.net
Did someone install this for you/who: no
Is this an upgrade/from what to what: 2.0.06 to 2.0.10
Is this a conversion/from what to what:
Have you searched for your problem: yes
If so, what terms did you try: email :roll: 2.0.10 then did a scan of topic titles
State the nature of your problem: email not working from BB and no error message apparent
Do you have a test account for us: no

zeroK
Former Team Member

Post by zeroK » Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:36 am

To be honest the whole thing sounds more like a problem with the server. Do you have changed anything on the original emailer.php / smtp.php ?
Image My weblog | gamerslog.com | No support via PM or ICQ or email - If you don't know a term or a program mentioned in a post -> Google is your friend

scanar

Post by scanar » Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:43 am

zeroK wrote: To be honest the whole thing sounds more like a problem with the server. Do you have changed anything on the original emailer.php / smtp.php ?

Thanks ZeroK, yes I think you are correct. Nothing was changed in the emailer.php / smtp.php (I am not able to use smtp and just used the default email previously). I will see if I can get the hoster to follow up on it. Thanks for the advice!

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”