Down from 2.0.1 to 2.0.0

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
nevi

Down from 2.0.1 to 2.0.0

Post by nevi »

Hi folks!

I updated my forum from 2.0.0 to 2.0.1 recently and got a lot of problems on my head. It were no problems with 2.0.0 but 2.0.1 ...

I reported here many problems: general error - sending e-mail, anti-flood message bug, language saving ...

So I would like to move back to 2.0.0 - is it possible?
I dont have backup of my old 2.0.0 db.

Or may be there is a unified patch for all these problems?

How was it good on 2.0.0 ... ehhh

"Never touch what is working good"
Dmitri

nevi

:(

Post by nevi »

Hey, kind support, plz, help me ...

Dont U really know - is it possible to downgrade from 2.0.1 to 2.0.0 ???

Seanchen

Post by Seanchen »

No

its not I am sure 2.0.1 had some DB changes, if that did happen if you have a 2.0.0 zip you can't down-grade.. Only works if you change those db changes back to 2.0.0.

If no db changes you can sure... Just delete 2.0.1 files and upload 2.0.0 but I have to warn you 2.0.1 has bug fixes...

nevi

Post by nevi »

I know it has.
Only one thing:
when I had 2.0.0 - it were no problems for me ...
now with 2.0.1 I have SO MANY problems :( Even dont know what to do .. thats why I decided to back to 2.0.0
Dmitri

zoid

Post by zoid »

If you really have a backup of your original 2.0.0 database you just need to restore it and upload the phpbb 2.0.0 files once again.

Alexander
Whatever you want to know, please do a Image Search before asking :).

Run your own Chatcommunity
>> PINO - Client/Server Chat for Windows <<

SHS`
Former Team Member
Name: Jonathan Stanley

Post by SHS` »

It's a little annoying to see such posts.

First off, you made no mention anywhere of whether your board was vanilla phpBB2 or a MODed one (slightly, or heavily).

No mention of what software you are using on the server, PHP, MySQL (or whatever pther support DBMS), webserver (IIS/Apache/etc).....

As there was only one issue that popped up in 2.0.1 that broke in comparision to 2.0.0, and that only affected those that were upgrading from phpBB1.x anyway.... the problems you are seeing could be a combination of:
  1. Partially updated files, eg: /includes wasn't updated, yet / was.....
  2. You have a "quirky" server set-up.
  3. You run a MODed board, but didn't apply said MODs to the new files..... If you ran the patch file from CLI (which I assume you didn't.... since there's no mention of it) the hunk errors that were reported weren't resolved
  4. Your host changed server config, disabled SMTP/sendmail etc....
... and the list could go on.

If your errors were genuine errors, then it would also be a lot more helpful to everyone else (developers and users) if a detailed bug report was submitted so that it can be fixed for the next service release.

As for 2.0.0 not having any issues... This list is obviously a figment of my imagination.... -> http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/docs/README.html#200
Jonathan “SHS`” Stanley • 史德信

Verteron

Post by Verteron »

^ I quite agree. I decided to remove all of my existing files except for config.php, uploaded the new phpBB 2.0.1 and ran upgrade_201.php and it worked flawlessly. After I'd reapplied my mods, several problems I'd noticed dissapeared and went away, for example, the biggest thing for me was the bug concerning pagination when posts were deleted from a thread.

phpBB 2.0.1 is an excellent update, provided it's installed properly! Can't wait for 2.0.2, although the latest release seems very, very good, and for me there don't seem to be many bugs left to fix.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”