Problem

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Shanana

Problem

Post by Shanana »

Is there any way to view the categories & their descriptions?

Let me explain: I currently switched hosts, but I forgot to move the board over as well [stupid me.] Now I can only view content at my previous host through FTP. However, I need the category listings & their descriptions. I would just transfer the whole board over, but I would have to wait until the nameservers are accepted & I can't, due to the fact that my account at my previous host will expire any day now [long story.]

So does anyone know how I would be able to obtain them?
flogger12

Post by flogger12 »

the first thing you should do is to get a backup of your database from the old host. that is where all that info is. and if you wait too long they may delete it and it will all be gone.

if the files are still there, you should still be able to access the site using the IP number and path to the site.

anyway, that database is the most important thing. if you don't get that all of your categories , forums, members, posts, etc. will be gone.

robert
Shanana

Post by Shanana »

Ack...ok.
Shanana

Post by Shanana »

Wait a minute - has anyone else done this before?
geocator

Post by geocator »

What do you mean, database backups are a common thing here. You can not do this through FTP, you have to use something like phpmyadmin or wahtever you host supplies to get a database dump (backup)

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”