Cannot set user priveleges

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Obi_Wan

Cannot set user priveleges

Post by Obi_Wan »

Hi,

I'm using phpbb 2.0.10 on an Apache 1.3.X with PHP 5.0.1 and MySQL 3.X
I've got the following problem:
I want to set the user priveleges for certain users in the easy mode. I klick everything what the user will be allowed but when I click accept it says it has been saved but nothing happened to the user priveleges. When I go back to the menu they aren't changed.

What could be the problem? When I use the advanced mode it works. But only if I first set the privileges to read and write and after I submitted it I can set the moderator privs.

Would be nice if anyone could help me. Thanks.

Obi
labsy

Post by labsy »

I also have simmilar problems. I cannot add moderator privileges in any mode, neither simple neither advanced.
Page says that privileges have been updated, but nothing hapens. User still has no privileges.

I run few PHPBB 2.0.10 on 3 machines, one on WinXP, one on Win2000 server, and one on Win2003 server. they run PHP 5.0.0 and 5.0.2 and MySQL 4.1.17
There is the same problem on all machines and on all boards.

Any idea?

How to run DEBUG mode to follow SQL QUERIES one-by-one?
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

Hi,

This is a known issue with phpBB on PHP5. the best options for you are to either downgrade to PHP 4.3.9, or use the unofficial phpBB-php5 code, found at www.sourceforge.net/projects/phpbb-php5mod
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish
labsy

Post by labsy »

:D Thanx, Jelly_Doughnut

I installed the last 2.0.10.1 and it really works with no problems.

the problem is, that mine installed PHPBB2 forums are heavily modified versions, with some custom add-ons, and I cannot simply overwrite all of them.

On the other side, PHP 5.0.2 is much more stable on Win platform, so I won't degrade.

Is there anyone, who would know which part of code was problem for "moderator privileges" bug, so I could edit it manually.
OR
How to set moderator privileges manually direct into database?
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

Questions for that project should be asked there, however I will say that the changed code has been posted on their board previously 8)
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish
labsy

Post by labsy »

Okay, thanx.
I am drowning into CVS... :D
marclevesque

Post by marclevesque »

Please see my post at:

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=1309764

and give it a try if you like. Please let us know if it solves the problem.
labsy

Post by labsy »

Yap, I just replaced only admin_ug_auth.php file from the new package, and it works fine now.
Thanx :D

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”