Avatar Gallery not working right

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
moviegirl11

Avatar Gallery not working right

Post by moviegirl11 »

Hi,

Just recently I noticed that when I try to select a new category in my avatar gallery I get rerouted to my profile and the message at the top says "You must fill in the required fields."

Nothing has been changed to my board any time in the past few weeks and I know the gallery wasnt doing this a week or two ago.

I remember this being a problem with another board I posted at (also a phpbb board) but never found out why it was happening or how to fix it.

Can anyone help me out with this or point me to a thread with instructions on what the problem is?

Thanks
primedomain
Former Team Member

Post by primedomain »

We need some more info...
Please fill out the Support Request Template
moviegirl11

Post by moviegirl11 »

URL: http://fivemoreminutes.com/forum

Template(s) used: subsilver and custom

Any and all MODs: jradmin (not updated, doesnt work) cash mod, admin userlist mod, log actions, admins and mods list

Do you use a port of phpBB: I dont think so

Version of phpBB:2.0.8

Version of PHP:?

Which database server and version: MySQLtool version .95

Host: aplus.net

Did someone install this for you/who: no

Is this an upgrade/from what to what: n/a

Is this a conversion/from what to what: n/a

Have you searched for your problem: yes

If so, what terms did you try: avatar gallery

State the nature of your problem: When I try to switch from one category to another in the avatar gallery i get routed back to my profile settings and told that I didnt fill in the required fields

Do you have a test account for us: yes

If so, please have it ready in case a Support Team Member asks for it.
flogger12

Post by flogger12 »

try this, do this to each of the following files in turn to try and track it down;
rename the file on the server, then upload a fresh copy and test. If it doesn't work, you can delete the new copy and restore the name on the old and move to the next file.

usercp_avatar.php
profile.php
profile_add_body.tpl

luck,
robert
moviegirl11

Post by moviegirl11 »

Well robert, I tried what you told me but nothing worked. The profile fields are still getting all switched around (the entries to the fields are in the wrong field) and I cant get to the other avatar galleries. Only the default one is accessible.
drunk

Post by drunk »

Ok, make sure these two things are right:

(1) The General Admin:Configuration screen has a text input box option for "Avatar Storage Path". Make sure the path is correct, something like "images/avatars".

(2) Make sure the avatars are no more than one directory deeper than that. So you can have:

Code: Select all

images/avatars/pic1.gif
images/avatars/pic2.gif
images/avatars/pic3.gif
images/avatars/subfolder/pic1.gif
images/avatars/subfolder/pic2.gif
images/avatars/subfolder/pic3.gif
But not this:

Code: Select all

images/avatars/subfolder/subfolder/pic1.gif
images/avatars/subfolder/subfolder/pic2.gif
See if that works.

Drunk! :twisted:
Last edited by drunk on Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NN_FAN

Post by NN_FAN »

images/avatars/gallery/anyuser
images/avatars/gallery/blah
images/avatars/gallery/simpsons

etc

I think you need to add other folders to the gallery folder for them to work .
moviegirl11

Post by moviegirl11 »

The config is set as it should be (I just checked)

The avatar directory is all set as well and nothing has changed recently. It used to work fine so I dont understand why its all of a sudden messed up

Here's how its laid out on my webserver.
/forum /images /avatars /gallery /categoryfolder

There are 6 category folders and nothing has been added to them recently. I can only access the first set of avatars through the profile. Once I hit submit thats when I get routed back to my profile with the "fill in the required fields" message and some of the fields are mixed up.
drunk

Post by drunk »

Ok, I just regged and tried it out. I saw all the pictures and subdirectories, and I was able to choose an avatar. It does show that message on the top when you return, but it doesn't seem to cause any problems.

It could be something coded wrong in the custom theme, but I don't know for sure.

moviegirl11

Post by moviegirl11 »

I see you were able to select an avatar from one of the other directories.... its still not working right for me and I'm still having the issue where certain fields (name, age, movie, song, date/time preference) are getting all scrambled :(

Thanks for trying though!
drunk

Post by drunk »

Did you do anything to change the forums? I mean actually messing with the code, not just adding another theme.

moviegirl11

Post by moviegirl11 »

Nothing has been changed recently. The last mod added was the cash mod and that was a couple weeks ago. I'm not sure if that affected the profile though.
tm6tech

Post by tm6tech »

hmm I am having an identicle problem on the new board I am setting up at http://www.titaniumarchives.com/newboard/

moviegirl11 - did you ever get this sorted out?
moviegirl11

Post by moviegirl11 »

Nope

But I noticed that only SOME people seem to be having difficulty with it.

I figure it must have something to do with one of the profile options being selected.

When I clicked "No" to the "do you want your online status hidden" (or whatever) option, hit submit then went back into my profile, I found that I could jump from avatar category to avatar category but when I tried to select an avatar from any one of the categories (at random) I got the "fill in the required field" message and my profile gets all screwed up again.

Other than that I've made no progress.
tm6tech

Post by tm6tech »

well that's no good. :(

I've had a search around and it seems like this is quite a common problem.

This topic : http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=223248 says that there's a solution out there but so far I haven't found it.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”