Trouble Formatting Text Color

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
hayseed460

Trouble Formatting Text Color

Post by hayseed460 »

Ok, how come when I want to make a certain word a color, let's say Cyan, I can do it on one word, yet I cannot get a second word be that color to, without selecting another color, deleting its setup, and then reselecting the Cyan.

For instance:

Cyan...I can make this cyan by highlighting on it and selecting Cyan.

Cyan

ok, now I want the word Red to be cyan.

Red

I cannot highlight it and select Cyan from the list and make it cyan. It will not put those brackets around it.
I have to selct another color, Then delete those brackets. Then highlight Red again and then reselect cyan ie...

The color selector does not default back to normal text color, so that you can keep selecting that color.......it is most frustrating.

Is there a different way to accomplish this so that you do not have to have multiple steps?

This seems to work fine in your forum but I cannot figure out what to fix on mine.

I am however running a modded forum phpbb2 plus 2.0.10 with the FIBlack3d theme.

Thanks for any help you may have!
Hayseed
hayseed460

Post by hayseed460 »

I am also noticing this happens on the "font size" and "Font style" menus as well.

Hayseed
hayseed460

Post by hayseed460 »

I have also created a test account on www.rock-nutz.com

PM me on this board for the login info.

Thanks!
Hayseed
geocator

Post by geocator »

This is due to the way browsers handle list box events. There is no way to fix it. It is not really a phpBB issue but rather a browser thing.
hayseed460

Post by hayseed460 »

That's strange, I wonder why it works on these forums but not on mine... I always use the same browser.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”