Member having trouble logging in

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Arena Sphere

Member having trouble logging in

Post by Arena Sphere » Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:05 pm

I have a member who has e-mailed me trying to log in. I have made his account active but he is still having trouble. What is wrong? Is there a bug with this?
FORUMS.[ARENA | SPHERE]

» Dedicated to Western Defense 24/7
» Supporting the free societies of Europe, Israel, USA, Canada, Australia, & New Zealand

chrtad

Post by chrtad » Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:10 pm

Could we have a few more details? What ISP does he use? Are other users having the same problem?

Arena Sphere

Post by Arena Sphere » Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:13 pm

One other user has had the same problem. They get no email and when they try to log in it just goes to a blank page and does not log them in. It's an AOL email just to let you know.

I have activated him manually but his passwords still don't work.
FORUMS.[ARENA | SPHERE]

» Supporting the free societies of Europe, Israel, USA, Canada, Australia, & New Zealand

Arena Sphere

Post by Arena Sphere » Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:18 pm

Seriously, is this a bug? It happened to another person on my forum which I deleted his account and he re-registered. I am going to do that again, but please if this is a bug and can be fixed please tell me.
FORUMS.[ARENA | SPHERE]

geocator

Post by geocator » Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:30 pm

We still dont have enough info. You are talking about registering and logging in which is seperate. And you have yet to give us specific errors.

.Darren

Post by .Darren » Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:34 pm

This is an issue between AOL and phpbb. AOL users have been having this problem for a while when using the AOL client. I should know being an AOL user myself.

Using a browser like IE of Firefox should allow your user to login with no problems.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”